[NL2-NL10] NL10 1010 IP against MP rock!

• zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi,

So I pick up 1010 on the button and guys in MP raises 3x. I have 770 hands on villain who is playing at 11/9. This guy seems to be tight but also seems to barrel every street when in a hand with me. Is he smart or does he just have it when he bets????? I am thinking if I call the turn then I should have called the river. If nothing else, at least if I'd have looked him up I would have known if he is capable of barrelling with A high! I think my fold was influenced by me looking up a similar 'rock' on another table in an almost identical spot when I held QQ. Only to find villain holding AA to which which I smiled and agreed with my read that I should have folded.

Anyway, did I go too far with this hand or should I just have looked him up or maybe even come in with a raise???

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $22.70
      MP1:
      $10.15
      MP2:
      $12.56
      MP3:
      $2.50
      CO:
      $3.91
      BU (Hero):
      $19.34
      SB:
      $11.40
      BB:
      $10.15
      UTG1:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 5, Q, Q (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48.

Turn: ($1.71) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.22, Hero calls $1.22.

River: ($4.15) J (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.60, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.15.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Zachrina,

Preflop: always take a look at his positional PFR/Open First when you have a big sample.

An 11/9 usually has a much tighter EP/MP open. Take a look at that number, equilab it and see what his potential range is.

Postflop: Against a nit I simply fold either the flop or turn. He is rarely ever bluffing there and we are crushed by Qx, KK, AA so simply fold.

To address your "he seems aggressive versus me" thought:

Villains range is super strong, thus he has a super strong range postflop as well so usually he can bet a lot :)
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree that point about him having a tight range so being able to bet into me as he does prob hold a big hand.
      I am struggling to find villains ep/mp open % on HEM2. It says pfr MP in the table is 12, I am assuming this is 12% of total pfr?? If this is so then how do I work out the eqiuty? Or % pfr to put into equilab?
      Math Math Math, DUH!

Cheers,
      Zach
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      I think I've worked it out???
      So if he has an 11/9 and his MP/pfr is 12 then 12% of his 9% total pfr is around 1 which would make his range be jj,qq,kk or aa. Is this correct??
      It looks about right for this guy tbh and I will excercise caution in the future. I mean why get involved when there's always a better spot right around the corner!!
      Correction: Sorry I've just watched a HEM vid and realised that the pfr co stat is 12% hand range and that the 9% totpfr is the avg of all pfr stats. I have over complicated it I think. So simply he is raising from CO with 12 % of hands (77+, j10s+, kjo+). I am getting there slowly. Probably trying to run before I can walk as usual as I see the HUD part coming up in a couple of lessons.

Please tell me I've got the right idea??

Zach