This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 A8o 17-01-13 (speed) weird hand

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.68 (53.6 bb)
      UTG: $0.86 (17.2 bb)
      MP: $1 (20 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $3.69 (73.8 bb)
      SB: $1.95 (39 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A 8
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.29, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.60) 9 9 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05

Turn: ($0.70) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.85, BB raises to $1.65, Hero raises to $4.66 and is all-in, BB calls $0.69

River: ($5.38) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Hi, not really sure what happend here, was just baffled by it :f_biggrin:

Preflop:
      Not sure if my hand is valid for a raise against these stacks?
      When he min raises, I thought wtf... called, not sure if it was a correct move..

Flop:
      With this small bet I thought I could get a better hand for a good price, would have given up the hand to a "real" bet

Turn:
      Well here I'm sure villain had no idea what was going on, so figured him as a fish given the action before him aswell, thinking he might not even have a better hand.
      Got it in and he called... Is this guy for real? :f_love:

Results:
      $5.38 pot ($0.26 rake)
      Final Board: 9 9 9 9 6
      BB showed K 7 and lost (-$2.68 net)
      Hero mucked A 8 and won $5.12 ($2.44 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Resilence,

Preflop: I actually prefer raise folding here with such a weak Ax hand. The open itself I think is fine but I would not make it 3.5 BB, especially given their stacks.

I'd make it more like 2.5 or 3 BB.

You have no good flops besides A8x and we can't really flop good draws and a solo Axx board will get us in trouble (we are easily dominated by his 3-bet range). And since he is unknown we really can't put him on a range.

Postflop: The way the board came out your play is great and of course that was an awesome 3-bet/call from him. He had quads, how can he fold?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Bogdan would you put your stack in to go broke on that board ?

We (almost) always split with an Ax and we are just building rake, and if we just calling turn might result in a river bluff.

I realize he is a fish and actively seeking going broke might might be good, but against reg we would be just building rake.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Bogdan would you put your stack in to go broke on that board ?

We (almost) always split with an Ax and we are just building rake, and if we just calling turn might result in a river bluff.

I realize he is a fish and actively seeking going broke might might be good, but against reg we would be just building rake.
      Sure, against a reg the raise has no value.

But he is a fish based on preflop action and stack size.