[NL2-NL10] NL10 KJs

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $8.27 (82.7 bb)
      BB: $12.07 (120.7 bb)
      Hero (MP): $12.95 (129.5 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $11.37 (113.7 bb)
      BTN: $13.91 (139.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($2) 2 T J (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.26, CO calls $1.26, BTN folds, SB calls $1.26, BB folds

Turn: ($5.78) 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $6.61 and is all-in, SB folds, Hero calls $6.61

35/10, 20 hand. Unknown fish.

Whats the best line on the turn? SB is a regular, after he called I planned to check/fold the turn. Maybe bet/call (don't really have room for bet/fold) is better because he would raise his strong hands on the flop?

As played? I think CO reps flop flush, or nothing with this overbet shove, he is probably fish, so he could have a lot of draw.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DarkAwi,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What range do you give your opponents for calling the flop?

I can see both of them having slowplayed flushes, Jx+ fd, and AsX type hands.

On the turn we can get some value from those hands still and I think we can still bet/fold vs SB and less vs CO.

How would you expect SB, and CO to play their draws?

Side note: once you leave a reply in one of the evaluated hands please hit the "Advise the judge to take another look" button.
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      I expect them to play their draws passively. SB is playing 20/17, 3b:1,9 fold to cb:67, afq:11, h:180. CO's flop calling range will be wider than SB's. I imagine something like that:

CO: made flushes, sets, TJ, J7s+, J9o+, 66-99 (with a spade), T8s+, T9o+, AQ, KQ, 78, 89, AsXx, Ks9x+. Definately vbet against him on the turn, and because of his stack size, I don't think I can bet/fold.

SB:made flushes, TJ and sets (because he is so passive), AJ, KJ, QJ, AsTx-AsQx, KsQx, KsTx. He will probably only raise my turn bet with made flushes, so bet/fold 2/3 pot against him?

What do you think?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      I expect them to play their draws passively. SB is playing 20/17, 3b:1,9 fold to cb:67, afq:11, h:180. CO's flop calling range will be wider than SB's. I imagine something like that:

CO: made flushes, sets, TJ, J7s+, J9o+, 66-99 (with a spade), T8s+, T9o+, AQ, KQ, 78, 89, AsXx, Ks9x+. Definately vbet against him on the turn, and because of his stack size, I don't think I can bet/fold.

SB:made flushes, TJ and sets (because he is so passive), AJ, KJ, QJ, AsTx-AsQx, KsQx, KsTx. He will probably only raise my turn bet with made flushes, so bet/fold 2/3 pot against him?

What do you think?
      Looks about right. I would look at betting between $3.5 and $4 there.

Considering SB called after everyone I doubt he's range will have that many slowplays (like sets, flushes). I would expect him to raise a few of those on the flop (while calling with nut flush, some btm set, etc).
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Thanks :f_thumbsup: As played? Can we call here if I checked, or just fold it? His range is quite wide, and maybe I encouraged him with my check (and SB won't be too strong either), so he can shove here with draws. But on the other side, he is almost completely unkown, and this limit is usually passive.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      Thanks :f_thumbsup: As played? Can we call here if I checked, or just fold it? His range is quite wide, and maybe I encouraged him with my check (and SB won't be too strong either), so he can shove here with draws. But on the other side, he is almost completely unkown, and this limit is usually passive.
      I would incline towards a call given the fact that we need to be right 1 in 3 and that I would expect that at least part of his nutty hands to bet smaller to keep us in. So this bigger looks to be a hand that wants protection (Jx, could be better than ours) or a draw looking for FE