[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 ZOOM TPTK vs shove on flop

• elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Seat 5: Player5 ( $4.44 USD ) - VPIP: 12, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 4,3, Hands: 155

Seat 8: Hero ( $14.15 USD ) - VPIP: 29, PFR: 24, 3B: 14, AF: 3,7, Hands: 18847

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $12.88 (128.8 bb)
      UTG: $4.65 (46.5 bb)
      MP: $4.44 (44.4 bb)
      CO: $6 (60 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $14.15 (141.5 bb)
      SB: $5.89 (58.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, MP calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.35) 7 Q K (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP raises to $3.84, Hero ????

Opponent raising 20% from CO. No fold to 3bet stats available.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey elchipriota,

PReflop: Considering he is a midstack I'd 3-bet here as well and go with the hand.

Postflop: As played what range do you see villain calling preflop with and shoving here?

I doubt he only shows up with KQ or 77 so I would call. We block the NFD but that gives us another ~5% equity.

I expect him to do this sometimes with AQ and he also has AK that we split with.
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan,

The range I put him on is obv AK,KQ,77,TsJs, and somtimes AA,KK,QQ if he wont 3bet preflop.
      Should I be including a wider range such as random flush draws, pair+FD, maybe straight draws?

Also I noticed that midstackers will more liberally check raise a wider range which sometimes includes TP medium kicker so I wouldnt be suprised to see a KT there for example. Is that a safe assumption to make considering that this is NL10?

Thank in advance,

Nicolas
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by elchipriota
      Hi Bogdan,

The range I put him on is obv AK,KQ,77,TsJs, and somtimes AA,KK,QQ if he wont 3bet preflop.
      Should I be including a wider range such as random flush draws, pair+FD, maybe straight draws?

Also I noticed that midstackers will more liberally check raise a wider range which sometimes includes TP medium kicker so I wouldnt be suprised to see a KT there for example. Is that a safe assumption to make considering that this is NL10?

Thank in advance,

Nicolas
      Hi Nicolas,

Yes, normally I would widen their range a bit unless they are huge nits.

If we add KQ in his range we can probably add some combos of KJ/KT.
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      So bottom line, do you feel that would be a call or fold?

I felt it was marginal and if effective stacks were more than 100b I would fold there. Since he was short and due to the fact that the board was quite wet I made the call in the game.

Cheers,

Nick
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by elchipriota
      So bottom line, do you feel that would be a call or fold?

I felt it was marginal and if effective stacks were more than 100b I would fold there. Since he was short and due to the fact that the board was quite wet I made the call in the game.

Cheers,

Nick
      I would call here. We only need to be good roughly one in three times.

I also feel that a lot of his strong hands can/would slowplay here.