[NL2-NL10] Nl25, 88, Bb

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      MP2

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:diamond: , 8:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, MP2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,60) Q:club: , 4:diamond: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,75 (All-In), MP2 calls $3,75.

Turn: ($10,10) A:diamond:
      River: ($10,10) J:heart:

Final Pot: $10,10

Stats are not really eligible due to small handcount, but I posted them anyway since I recently started to use the PS Elephant HUD. :)
  • 6 replies
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      u r overbertiing against two overcards..... not the best play in the world.at all.just c bet 1\2-2\3 pot size fold to reraise and c\f on turn.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      From what I learnt I should go directly all-in when my stack is less than 1,5x pot size. So, that's what I did. However, I wasn't able to read the article about adjusting raises and reraises so far, so I'm looking forward to learn something new.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Your stack is not 1,5x potsize, just a tiny difference.
      You might use that tiny difference as an excuse for not moving all-in here directly, but betting $1.80.

On the other hand, the chance that Villain is holding a 9 or a Q isn't that big. But any next overcard on the turn and river might screw things up anyway.

I also hate to play hands like 77-TT postflop with overcards, not so easy.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      Your stack is not 1,5x potsize, just a tiny difference.
      You might use that tiny difference as an excuse for not moving all-in here directly, but betting $1.80.

On the other hand, the chance that Villain is holding a 9 or a Q isn't that big. But any next overcard on the turn and river might screw things up anyway.

I also hate to play hands like 77-TT postflop with overcards, not so easy.
      If you look closely, you'll see that my stack is actually less then 1.5x potsize and therefore I tend to push. And as you said yourself, he's not likely to hold Q or 9, which means I am supposed to be ahead and if I push right away I have no worries about the next overcard. However, a higher PP is not very likely, since he would have raised or reraise preflop.

When the discussion is over I'll post the results. :)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Oh boy... my calculation skills badly decrease when I'm tired, that's for sure.
      You're completely right, your stack is smaller than 1,5x pot.

I often experience these kind of situations, where I don't really feel like moving all-in with such a hand (for example, replace the Q for an A and you're screwed most of the times). So I'm trying to find a way now that makes me less committed on the flop. It should solve some of my problems I'm currently experiencing.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi burek2000,

raise to 1,5$ pre flop, you should get as much money in as possible when you are ahead. 2 advantages of a bigger pre flop raise are: you generate more fold equity pre flop and you can easily push any flop. On this flop its not that easy against him to play betfold because he is just a fish having 100vpip and 40wts so a push is maybe ok.