This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl25, 88, Bb

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      MP2

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:diamond: , 8:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, MP2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,60) Q:club: , 4:diamond: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,75 (All-In), MP2 calls $3,75.

Turn: ($10,10) A:diamond:
      River: ($10,10) J:heart:

Final Pot: $10,10

Stats are not really eligible due to small handcount, but I posted them anyway since I recently started to use the PS Elephant HUD. :)
  • 6 replies
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      u r overbertiing against two overcards..... not the best play in the world.at all.just c bet 1\2-2\3 pot size fold to reraise and c\f on turn.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      From what I learnt I should go directly all-in when my stack is less than 1,5x pot size. So, that's what I did. However, I wasn't able to read the article about adjusting raises and reraises so far, so I'm looking forward to learn something new.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Your stack is not 1,5x potsize, just a tiny difference.
      You might use that tiny difference as an excuse for not moving all-in here directly, but betting $1.80.

On the other hand, the chance that Villain is holding a 9 or a Q isn't that big. But any next overcard on the turn and river might screw things up anyway.

I also hate to play hands like 77-TT postflop with overcards, not so easy.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      Your stack is not 1,5x potsize, just a tiny difference.
      You might use that tiny difference as an excuse for not moving all-in here directly, but betting $1.80.

On the other hand, the chance that Villain is holding a 9 or a Q isn't that big. But any next overcard on the turn and river might screw things up anyway.

I also hate to play hands like 77-TT postflop with overcards, not so easy.
      If you look closely, you'll see that my stack is actually less then 1.5x potsize and therefore I tend to push. And as you said yourself, he's not likely to hold Q or 9, which means I am supposed to be ahead and if I push right away I have no worries about the next overcard. However, a higher PP is not very likely, since he would have raised or reraise preflop.

When the discussion is over I'll post the results. :)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Oh boy... my calculation skills badly decrease when I'm tired, that's for sure.
      You're completely right, your stack is smaller than 1,5x pot.

I often experience these kind of situations, where I don't really feel like moving all-in with such a hand (for example, replace the Q for an A and you're screwed most of the times). So I'm trying to find a way now that makes me less committed on the flop. It should solve some of my problems I'm currently experiencing.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi burek2000,

raise to 1,5$ pre flop, you should get as much money in as possible when you are ahead. 2 advantages of a bigger pre flop raise are: you generate more fold equity pre flop and you can easily push any flop. On this flop its not that easy against him to play betfold because he is just a fish having 100vpip and 40wts so a push is maybe ok.