This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] A3 s ipo call or raise river ?! nl 25 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $25.00
      CO: $17.25
      Hero (BTN): $33.98
      SB: $45.70
      BB: $31.55

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has 3:spade: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35, 3 players) A:diamond: 7:spade: T:heart:
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.35, 3 players) 2:spade:
      BB bets $1.50, UTG calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($6.85, 3 players) 3:diamond:
      BB bets $3.00, fold, Hero calls $3.00
      Utg villain is reg and i 3 beted him alot this session so i didnt whant to 3 bet again cause he migt be willing to fight back and i thought i can play this hand easilly ipo and out play him on lot off flops but unknown BB villain comes along .
      Flop is midiocre for my hand and i think betting doesnt have much sence( correct me if i am wrong )
      on turn with tpwk and flush draw call is standard .
      And i dont know can i value raise river his 1/2 pot bet looks weak so i dont know is there lot off hands that could call me if i raise . I know people tend to call lot off ppts from blinds so sets are very posible lot more than Ax hand imo i dont know is that wrong assumption ?!
      He showed Ak o and i was bit surprised but i still dont think raise/ fold is better than call what do you think ?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Is BB a fish? Anyway I think raise/fold seems reasonable if he is mediocre and not creative (very unlikely to face bet/3bet bluffs). The fact that he showed up with AK here could mean that he is a passive type of player. And you could potentially be turning a busted draw into a bluff against such a weak looking bet.

So I prefer raise/folding to calling.

Thanks.