Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $26.00
      BTN: $25.74
      SB: $32.81
      Hero (BB): $41.78
      UTG: $44.60

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has 9:club: T:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10, 2 players) A:spade: 8:club: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN raises to $5.75, Hero calls $3.25

Turn: ($16.60, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($16.60, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets $33.53 and is all-in, BTN calls $17.49 and is all-in
      Villain plays 30 /21 and folds to 3 bet 33%,wtsd 28 %
      I have a read that he bluff mini raises on Axx or Kxx flops
      And thats way i decided to fight back without any equity to try to out play him . I am not huge 3 bettor 7-8 % in blinds maybe up to 10 %. So i tought i might mini 3 bet flop but i thought flat could look even more stronger and he could have some 8 time to time. After he check turn i thought he never has an 8 and i decided to shove river on almost any card exept A or 8 ( J would be great :) ) And I did so and he almost snaped with K high !!!
      I was stunned all my reads was right he didnt even had an A ( i though i might fold even some weak A x hands from his range but i knew he dont have that ) and i would play lot off hands from my 3 bet range same way AA, AK ,AQ and i even have some 98s and 87 s in my 3 beting range and i guess when he knows concept off mini raising A and K high bards he should be aware off this so i really dont konw how can he make that call? can you tell me from his wiew did i make any mistake and showed weakness( seams all moves , overbets and stuff work only in videos and in pratice i really get cought alot and i dont understand why i play 22/18 ag f 2 and even my reads are right and still my moves fail please try to help me inprove so i dont out play and out think myself !
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think T9s is strong enough to call in BB, but I think using it as part of your 3bet bluffing range is also fine.

On the flop I would bet somewhere between 40-50% of the pot. I think you can just go for 40%, simply because he is forced to fold with his 77/KQ type of hands even vs a smaller bet.

I think your OOP float is acceptable. It's a little fancy but I don't really mind it given your reads.

Do you really need to shove the River though? I think a half pot bet should suffice, you can rep all AX hands in your range. And it doesn't really look bluffy at all, IMO you rep a value hand very well with this line. Bluffs are much more likely to 3bet the flop smalllish.

Thanks.