ChiTheoK0To
      Bronze
      take some more picture about that case
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I've passed this on to the editorial team, please give them till Monday to get back to you :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I spoke to the guys who were taking care of this promotion and they verified this picture was created by the member and not stolen. Creating an image or photoshopping was within the rules.

Sorry about that and good luck in the next promo.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • barteq88
      barteq88
      Bronze
      Yes, creating an image, that is being its owner was one of the rules. But it's not just that.

In other words, IF I KNEW that I could post something else, not just my face, I would have done freaking amazing picture. I just didn't see in rules that I could do that. Therefore I feel that I've been informed wrong and... (well, as a serious company, I am pretty sure you know what to do in this case).

edit: put my screenshot in spoiler tag
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Just leave it alone, the guy had a good picture and he won, who are you to go take it away from him, because of not following the rules so precisely. This is a case where you can let it slide.
      Your pic was bad, so I really doubt it that even with different rules you would have won. So stop being so butthurt.
    • barteq88
      barteq88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      Just leave it alone, the guy had a good picture and he won, who are you to go take it away from him, because of not following the rules so precisely. This is a case where you can let it slide.
      Your pic was bad, so I really doubt it that even with different rules you would have won. So stop being so butthurt.
      Let me give you one example.

When there was some mistake and many PS users didn't get a ticket to $10k depositors freeroll, PokerStars decided to compensate it with another one (Sunday Storm).

Do you really think that PS can change their decision here? It's already too late. Also if I was that guy who won and then it would be taken away from him, I'd also complain.
      The point is to be responsible for mistakes and compensate any loses (like nervous, time, etc). All I care is to get some compensation. I don't want to take anything away from that guy who won.
      As for my picture, it could be better if I knew that it doesn't have to be my face on it...
    • Ronny
      Ronny
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi barteq88,

I want to thank you for your feedback here and explain why we decided to let that mentioned picture win.

The whole promotion was aimed on fun and creativity. You might be right, that our conditions might have not be crystal clear and we are sorry for that.
      We wanted to have nice, creative, funny and not seen before pictures.

When we checked the pictures we decided for this one, because it fulfilled all the aspects we were looking for.

Or main concern was just, that the users made the picture himself and it was not just found in a google search and linked here.

We are still confident that we have chosen the right winners and the decision was hard, as we had a lot of very good and funny pictures.

We will not be able to give any compensation here. The Promo is finished and all licences have been given out to the winners.

But we appreciate your concern and your feedback and in the future we will make sure that nothing can be misunderstood.

Kind Regards,
      Ronny
    • barteq88
      barteq88
      Bronze
      Thank you for your answer.

I have to mention, that it weren't just unclear rules (if you say so - because for me "picture of yourself" was a pretty clear information). I also asked Polish support about that.
      Here it is:
      http://pl.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Wy%C5%9Blij-nam-swoje-zdj%C4%99cie-na-tilcie,-a-mo%C5%BCesz-wygra%C4%87-Hold-em-Manager-a-2_67434/ (See comments #10 and #14)

In that news there was a bolded information which meant "picture of yourself". A member of the Polish support told me in a ticket, that "picture of yourself" doesn't only mean "picture of your face" (or any part of your body - to be 100% accurate). That made me confused, since I am not English... Anyway, in Polish language there couldn't be any other meaning, yet I still asked about that (comments #10 and #14). As you can assume from what I am trying to say, your staff member in comment #14 confirmed, that it has to be picture of YOU, not something else.

So ok, let's say your rules were "unclear", but I asked a question in comments to be 100% sure. So either I received a wrong answer from a member of your staff or you are trying to manipulate those information right now :(

If that mistake cost me like $50, would you still say that you are not able to give any compensation?
      And my time, nervous, being misguided are also worth nothing to you?

And believe me, I am not doing that because of stupid prize or money, I have my pride, but what I can't stand is to be cheated, misguided and treated unfair. Since I am very stubborn I always try to solve any conflict, even if it looks like I was causing it.

Now I am very curious of your further reply/action because this time it should be final. I have said all and I have nothing more to add, so your next action gonna finally tell me something...
    • ipeaceonu
      ipeaceonu
      Bronze
    • Ronny
      Ronny
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi barteq88,

thanks for your answer. I see your point here. I am again sorry that our conditions haven't been clear enough. And as I already mentioned we
      appreciate your feedback and all points you mentioned.
      We will learn from this and make it better the next time.

On the outcome of this promotion will be no changes.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
      Ronny