Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 2:spade: 2:club:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) T:club: 6:diamond: 2:heart:
      Hero bets 3.75 BB, CO calls 3.75 BB

Turn: (15 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets 7.5 BB, Hero raises to 15 BB, CO calls 7.5 BB

River: (45 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets 33.75 BB, CO calls 29.4 BB

Hero shows 2:spade: 2:club: (Full House, Twos full of Sixes) (Pre 50%, Flop 95%, Turn 100%)
      CO shows J:spade: 9:heart: (Two Pair, Jacks and Sixes) (Pre 50%, Flop 5%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins 98.65 BB

30 hands VPiP 40

I moved from Partypoker to ipoker, and I noticed huge difference in players type. In ipoker there are mayority of midstackers or shortstackers and they are mostly fish as this guy. So I am not sure how to play against them. They just dont like to fold. So should I cbet only when I hit ? Often I cbet K or Q high board and they call with cards like 77 and I have to check fold turn and lose money. They are just scared of A.

Also my bet size has to change against mid or shortstackers? I think I dont need to bet large if he is calling station because it will be anyway comfortable river shove?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Your flop bet size seems fine to me as part of a general bet size vs midstackers. But as you pointed out, he's a fish. I would just bet 5 and prepare to bet all streets large to play for stacks by the river.

If you bet 5 here, turn will have 17.5, you can bet 12, river will have 41.5 and you can just shove ~30 on the river.

I think the Turn check is not good. You just got lucky that he had some JX float on the Flop. If he had any 88/6X/TX type of hand, a loose passive type of player will almost always check back the Turn (but he would be fairly likely to call turn again with these hands). That would be disastrous as you would end up losing a lot of value.