BB: 41.7 BB
      UTG: 135.95 BB
      MP: 44.1 BB
      CO: 261.55 BB
      Hero (BTN): 100 BB
      SB: 103.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:heart: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB raises to 5 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB

Flop: (11 BB, 2 players) J:heart: A:club: 7:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 8 BB, SB calls 8 BB

Turn: (27 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 20.25 BB, SB calls 20.25 BB

River: (67.5 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 66.75 BB, fold

Hero shows Q:heart: T:diamond: (One Pair, Aces)
      Hero wins 64.15 BB

1.1k hands, 3bet from SB 16, 3bet against BU 24, VPiP 19, fold to 4bet 3/4

I notice that I lose the most money in 3bet pots when I call. I often get in situation like this where I think I can make him fold, but I think it doesnt work often that they fold.
      So what to do against guys who 3bet me so much? I think against this guy is better 4bet/fold because he shows he is able to fold.
      But what to do against people who 3bet a lot and when I 4bet they call with TT, JJ, AQ, many cards, or they even push light so I cant bet profitable and I cant fold profitable. I would then 4bet call JJ+, AK but they 3bet me mostly when I dont have this cards. The biggest problem is they put me on tilt, and especially sometimes I feel normal but actually I dont even notice I am tilted, like in this hand where I pushed river and he calls it very likely. I was hoping on flop and turn he folds QQ, KK, but on river it is stupid if he called 2x and folds it on river paired A.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

First of all about this:

The biggest problem is they put me on tilt

This is obviously a problem we've all faced and still face from time to time but realise you have it and STOP IT! You know the cause, you know how it tilts you, just STOP IT!

Going into theory advices now..

4bet pre here looks better with the offsuit hand. Sure, decent high card, somewhat connected, so not a bad hand but not that playable either. 4bet is +EV clearly so I'd take that option when calling IP is hard.

Postflop, it looks like spew/levelling to me.. He can play a hand like A8s like this so he should have quite a few calling hands.. you block 3 QQ combos so he's left with 9 combos that fold river.. weigh that to Axs. If he likes calling you might be in trouble since he prob calls some Jx as well. Barreling here with QT is you trying to exploit a weak and capped range that will fold a very big part of the time so you have to realise it's also exploitable by villain actually calling more than optimal.

One final word at stats from this situation:

if you fold you lose 2bb/hand so if you lose less than 200bb/100 in this spot, you are better off than folding.