[NL20-NL50] AQ off

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      is the 3barrel ok here? or just give up flop?

villain is unknown, but i dont think they call hands like KJ/QJ/AJ to 3 barrels here OOP,
      very unlikely to have JJ/QQ/66/JT

so its either hands like stated above which will imo fold 85%+ of the time or, busted drawa which will fold

i timed out though

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $24.39
      Hero (UTG): $20.47
      MP: $8.82
      CO: $8.34
      BTN: $8.00
      SB: $17.45

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has A:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.50, fold

Flop: ($1.40, 2 players) 6:diamond: J:diamond: T:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.10, SB calls $1.10

Turn: ($3.60, 2 players) 8:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.20, SB calls $3.20

River: ($10.00, 2 players) 5:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows A:club: Q:heart: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 75%, Flop 70%, Turn 84%)
      SB shows K:club: Q:diamond: (High Card, King) (Pre 25%, Flop 30%, Turn 16%)
      Hero wins $9.50
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop bet seems ok to me. Turn bet is somewhat iffy. We get to fold out ATs and KTs sometimes, maybe he folds AQ AK himself, if KQ calls we are fine with it. Traditionally this coordinating card is bad for barrel bluffing but if we thought about preflop ranges, I think he rarely has 89 79 type of hands in the SB so it could be fine here.

3barreling this seems spewy as part of a general game plan though.

I would only 3barrel if I had 1 diamond in my hand, and the Turn or river completes a flush, enabling me to represent that. The good thing about villain being in SB is that the number of flush combos he can actually have is very limited. I don't expect him to defend stuff like 98s too often in the SB.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml

I would only 3barrel if I had 1 diamond in my hand, and the Turn or river completes a flush, enabling me to represent that. The good thing about villain being in SB is that the number of flush combos he can actually have is very limited. I don't expect him to defend stuff like 98s too often in the SB.
      by "having a diamond" u mean A/K/Q right? :) or mostly just an A?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I would believe that any high diamond is sufficient to barrel it. If we barrel Qd for example, we can always just check back the River. It also blocks off numerous flush combos from his range, like AdQd and KdQd