Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:club: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) 7:diamond: 8:club: A:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: (9 BB, 3 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, BB bets 4.5 BB, fold, Hero calls 4.5 BB

River: (18 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets 14 BB, Hero raises to 45 BB, BB raises to 92.5 BB, fold

BB wins 102.6 BB

BB 120 hands, VpiP 27, 3bt 20, CB 73

Is my call turn ok? I think it is very bad because when I hit it villian will not pay me more.

Again my biggest problem in poker, sometimes I cant stop bluffing (usually when losing), I was representing 5 and hoped he folds, but it has to work around 60% and I think he almost never folds there. So wanted to ask is there some way to prevent myself from bluffing? I see it is very -EV but already longer time I cant do anything to fix it.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

BB can actually have a lot of made hands there because he checked to PFR and then bet as soon as he had a chance. So I agree with you that your ck/call is not great by any means.
      I would check/fold that turn.

As played, why are we trying to bluff that river? What do you want villain to fold there? I know we are repping 5x (or trying to) but do we really expect villain to give us credit after the bigger draws have missed? I doubt he folds much more than a bluff or a very weak Ax. But then again a very weak Ax doesn't bet 14bb on that river.

If you start bluffing a lot when you are losing that means you have to probably put in a stop loss and remove yourself from the tables.
      You can also work on your excesive bluffing by doing some mental game excercises where you force yourself to think more before making an action (so taking a bit of time before hitting raise).