[NL20-NL50] nl25 sh dodgey river bluff overbet

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      BB

BUT 51/2 folds to cbets

On the turn, I bet. Value against BUT and and v SB I have some bluff/value but mostly bluff.

When we get to the river, I can confidently put him on a 33-99. So I figure I'll try and overbet and see if I can him to fold it. I realize I rep pretty much nothing. :f_cool: But yeah, I suppose it would help if I could actually rep something credible here...

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $37.34
      BB: $27.05
      Hero (UTG): $27.40
      CO: $27.82
      BTN: $55.23

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:club: 2:club:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35, 3 players) 6:diamond: 2:heart: T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.35, 3 players) 4:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, fold, BB calls $1.10

River: ($4.55, 2 players) T:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.40, fold

Hero wins $4.35
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Jules,

You rep 44 and some slowplayed TT/66/22 but even that's far fetched.

A mediocre+ hand reader here will snap call pairs and since we don't know if villain can do some basic hand reading I wouldn't attempt such a bluff (it does have to work >50%).

If you were in villains shoes what would you do with 33-99 on that river?

As a side note, can we not expect villain to have some weaker Tx in his range that he checks turn with? Or do you expect him to always bet them?
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think he'd at least bet the turn with Tx.

I think I would be 50/50, because it is so rare to see river overbets at NL25. I think more often than not they are for value and even tho repping 44 is a tall ask, they seem to have it an ungodly amount of times.

I think for me to call I'd have to at least know the player is aggressive or capable of making some kind of moves.

But yeah, I aggree this isn't the best spot to try a bluff, but I think there's some opportunities out there for it. I just have to find some bettter ones! :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by jules97
      Yeah, I think he'd at least bet the turn with Tx.

I think I would be 50/50, because it is so rare to see river overbets at NL25. I think more often than not they are for value and even tho repping 44 is a tall ask, they seem to have it an ungodly amount of times.

I think for me to call I'd have to at least know the player is aggressive or capable of making some kind of moves.

But yeah, I aggree this isn't the best spot to try a bluff, but I think there's some opportunities out there for it. I just have to find some bettter ones! :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
      Speaking of which, how was your image versus him?

If our image isn't trashy and we are actually more on the tighter side we can probably get away here the first few times.