This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KQ bet river?

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 111.55 BB
      Hero (UTG): 100 BB
      MP: 137.55 BB
      CO: 75.4 BB
      BTN: 40 BB
      SB: 37.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) T:spade: 4:spade: 3:spade:
      Hero bets 5.6 BB, CO calls 5.6 BB

Turn: (18.7 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: (18.7 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
      Hero bets 14 BB, fold

Hero shows K:diamond: Q:spade: (High Card, King)
      Hero wins 17.8 BB

no hands on him

Is my cbet fine? I expect him to call a lot, but still I have overcards and fd. turn give up ok? River bet because I expect him not to have Tx, and maybe he folds weak PP, or missed fd
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop and flop look fine.

On the turn we don't really have too much FE so unless we bet a lot of rivers we can go for check/fold

As played we don't represent a whole lot on the river besides some Jx hands so if the player is any good I expect to get called here even by A high. However this guy seems fishy (75 BB) so he may be able to fold some A high hands and maybe weak pairs.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      But I so often bet flop check call turn with Top pair medium kicker. And sometimes check raise. I could also try to bluff him with weak PP e.g. 22 to fold his better hand, so I dont think he can really call so light especially Ax
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      But I so often bet flop check call turn with Top pair medium kicker. And sometimes check raise. I could also try to bluff him with weak PP e.g. 22 to fold his better hand, so I dont think he can really call so light especially Ax
      Even on boards like this?

Wouldn't you expect a regular to cbet their entire value range (or at least the top of their value range) on that turn?

I doubt you would ever check JJ+, TK+, flushes, etc.