This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KJ 3way

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 99 BB
      UTG: 127.65 BB
      MP: 105.85 BB
      Hero (CO): 95.55 BB
      BTN: 64.7 BB
      SB: 0 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:diamond: K:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (10 BB, 3 players) 8:club: 6:diamond: J:club:
      SB bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB, fold

Turn: (20 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      SB bets 10 BB, Hero raises to 25 BB, SB raises to 113.75 BB, fold

SB wins 66.5 BB

3.6k hands, 15VPiP PFR 9. AF 3, 2 ,1.5

Is my min raise ok on turn? I have weak hand which has value against fd and he played as having draw. I planned to check behind river.
      This raise was also information bet, because he could bet again on river and if fd misses I would probably call and it could be bigger bet.

Since he is a regg, so many hands, I can now write note that when he bets 50% pot he has nuts? It is strange that he bets so with nuts, because I could have fd.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

What do we know about BTN here?

I don't like just calling the donk because:

1) it shows that our range is weak considering that we are almost always raising for value/protection on such a board
      2) it may induce the guy behind to raise because of 1) and SBs small donk

So we should either raise or fold.

You've played your hand as a bluff catcher on the flop so why turn it into a bluff on the turn? I understand that you want to get some thin value versus draws but what draws can you expect SB to donk there 3 way on the flop? especially a 15/9 guy?

Of course now that we saw his shove we can right down a note that 50% donk multiway may be strong.