sss shorthanded

• 12 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I don't play it, but shouldn't it be worse? You pay blinds far more often and your opponents are more aware of you being very tight. The don't pay you off as much, right?

gen
    • BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      SSS 6 handed is ludicris, u will be far less profitable as blinds will eat away at you while you wait for a hand in the SHC and players are lesslikely to pay you off in my opinion, i havn't heard of anyone who plays 6 handed SSS but i would like to hear from them.
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      i saw that there are some big players that play ss on 6 max.i was just wondering if someone on here played it to see some strategy.proberly they play more hands and do more blind stealing
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Just being shorstack is not SSS ... usually those players on the 6ring are even loose and agressive. Playing shorstack on a 6ring is for the porpose of not being able to loose as much in one hand. Simple as that.

gen
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      only if u play omaha, where the pots are usually bigger and acutally worth to play sh to pool the rakeback for 6. at NL50 omaha the average pot is usually $7 to sometime $20, but in holdem it's just around $5 to $9ish....
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      I've played 6-max SSS and it's tricky, but I found it very profitable.

Your opponents are far more loose, therefore it's easier to double up in a short amount of time. However, I do not recommend more than 3 tables, as the pace is far quicker. That means depending on what you're profit/hour ratio is, it might not be beneficial as you can still make a good profit playing 8+ tables full-ring.

SH tables demand blind-stealing and lots of limping. When I play 6-max I try to think like a Gavin Smith or Negraneu, limping lots and taking down small pots when possible, which really isn't SSS, so like the other guys have said, if you play proper SSS you will often get blinded to nothing.....
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      there is sss for sh tables since on german forums it has its own section
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      i dont know german :)
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      me 2 but i was at german forums looking to see what they got for fun and saw special forums just for sss sh play :)
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      i tryed using google translator but i couldnt find anything useful like strting hand charts.blind stealing charts,stuff like that
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi,

i played sss for a long time and I am also from Germany and can tell you that in the german section there is no real sss sh chart and also its no sss sh forum its an sss sh development forum, so its not proven that its profitable and no real standard chart etc its a little bit late but I will tell some things about sss sh tomorrow.

Best Regards

Ysessa
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      It is profitable, of course. it can not be otherwise
      but! It requires very very careful table selection, seat selection and 100% understanding of preflop equity concept (adjusted).
      Therefore, hourly rate will never be even close to what one can achieve ssing FR.