[NL2-NL10] [NL5 SH] Turn A barrel

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $4.75 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 7, 3B: 10, AF: 0.5, Hands: 30
      BB: $3.29 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 21, 3B: 8, AF: 1.3, Hands: 42 -- FSteal: 0, CC: 50
      UTG: $7.09 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 21, 3B: 8, AF: 5.0, Hands: 43
      MP: $8.61 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 10, 3B: 3, AF: 3.5, Hands: 111
      CO: $6.04 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 56
      Hero (BTN): $5.33 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 3.9, Hands: 23104

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with K :club: T :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 1 fold, BB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.26) A :diamond: T :heart: Q :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.56) A :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35

River: ($1.26) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.65, Hero folds

Flop check back? I can't really make a queen fold here.

Turn, as played, I think here I can definitely make a queen fold, plus JJ as well.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

I'll say this one more time: let's try not to bluff fish off of made hands especially in a spot where there are quite a few (a lot of Ax, and even some Qx have draws).

Flop should be a check back and then we give up on the hand. There are way too many Ax and other broadways in his range and there's no value in a bet.

How realistically do you expect a FISHY villain to fold a Qx there or even JJ for that matter?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      How realistically do you expect a FISHY villain to fold a Qx there or even JJ for that matter?

I would wet my pants with Qx and JJ on such a turn :f_rolleyes:

I would never bluff into a calling station, but is it really such a bad idea to bluff into fishy guys, who seem to know where's the fold button?

I think my main problem here is >>a lot of Ax, and even some Qx have draws<<.

So what is the rule of a thumb? Not only against fishes, but in general? "When trying to bluff on the turn, make sure the villains range does not contain the shit load of hands he won't fold, but only a few that he will"? Because our FE in such spots is generally less than 40%.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I would always assume a guy like this who connects just somewhat with the board is likely to call you down, even with a GS.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Th334

I would wet my pants with Qx and JJ on such a turn :f_rolleyes:

I would never bluff into a calling station, but is it really such a bad idea to bluff into fishy guys, who seem to know where's the fold button?

I think my main problem here is >>a lot of Ax, and even some Qx have draws<<.

So what is the rule of a thumb? Not only against fishes, but in general? "When trying to bluff on the turn, make sure the villains range does not contain the shit load of hands he won't fold, but only a few that he will"? Because our FE in such spots is generally less than 40%.
      That rule is pretty good and until you know a fish can actually fold I'm not looking at trying to bluff him off anything that would almost always call.

Similar scenario as to why we don't try to fold needs off of strong hands.