This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 19 10 aq

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.26)
      BB ($13.11)
      UTG ($18.58)
      CO ($17.88)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, SB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.55

FLOP ($1.90) 5:diamond: 9:spade: K:club:

SB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

TURN ($3.70) 5:diamond: 9:spade: K:club: T:heart:

SB bets $1.90, Hero folds

SB wins $3.46

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop call is standard, without any aggressive 4betting dynamic.

On the Flop, you should just fold right away. I only consider floating with
      1) backdoor flush draws (there must be a heart on the flop)
      2) ranges must be really wide (that could perhaps be the case here)

but for this hand I'm always folding.

Thanks.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Bdfd only gives 4% almost insignificant isn't it ? 25% is our highcards if both live, and we knew he likes 3betting but not much more. Also he is aggressive which points to fold, i guess but not much info on that either.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) BDFD only gives us 4%, but allows us to continue on 20% of Turns. I think being able to continue on 20% of turns is more significant than making the flush 4% of the time.

2) If we float this flop always, we are just defending too wide of a range. Using backdoor flush draws helps us to balance out our defending frequencies.

Of course you could always argue that balance isn't too important at lower limits, but still I don't see the point in trying to fight for every single pot.

You are assuming 25% equity if both are live, but there's a good chance that one or both of them are dead.