This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 19 11 aj

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.05)
      BB ($7.03)
      UTG ($12.08)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($10.20)
      BTN ($4.80)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) A:heart: T:heart: 2:spade:

UTG bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.55) A:heart: T:heart: 2:spade: 9:spade:

UTG bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

RIVER ($3.75) A:heart: T:heart: 2:spade: 9:spade: 5:club:

UTG bets $2.80, Hero folds

UTG wins $3.50

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

His stats do not indicate that he is 3barrel bluffing too often. But at the same time, 2 flush draws busted, and he has a really wide range from UTG with a 30% range (typical loose CO opening range).

I think we should consider calling down on the River due to the above 2 factors.

Thanks.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Would you consider folding the turn to him ? As is out, so is t,9 , the best we beat is a8 6/12 combinations of ax beats us. A9s+,A2s

I we call that i agree we should calldown on the busted draw.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Nah AJ is way too strong to fold. I won't be surprised to see him valuebet some worse AX hands. Maybe even KK/QQ, there are many people out there who just 2barrel this either for thin value, or because they are not sure what to do with the hand.

There are also 2 flush draws out there. If you agree with not folding River, then I don't see why you would ever think about folding the Turn. He can have so many semi-bluffs in his range, including hearts, spades, QJ/78, and maybe even broadway gutshots. I don't think he's necessarily always barreling all these hands, especially the weaker draws like KJ (given his lower turn barrel %) but I think the vast number of draws just means that we are doing very well against his overall Turn betting range.