NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($10.12)
      UTG+1 ($5.47)
      CO ($6.35)
      BTN ($17.93)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.80, UTG calls $1.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.25) A:spade: J:spade: 6:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $2.12, Hero folds

UTG wins $3.97

UTG

He chained up 2 fishes after him i would call this just against him this but against fishes i want him to fold and fishes to go allin.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think it's ok just to squeeze to 1.50 (especially if you squeeze a lot with weaker hands like AQ AJ KQ), 1.80 seems a little large but this is just nit-picking. If you think they are very loose and call a lot then a larger size makes more sense.

I prefer to bet the flop or check/call here. To take the check/fold line, you need to be super sure that he only bets AX or better, and checks behind with all weaker lines, meaning that your check on the Flop turns his hand face up. That is probably not the case here.

I would c/c the Flop and play some guessing games on Turn. He could have some flush draws or KQ/QTs etc which are bluffing.

Thanks.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Well i assumed mr super nit would have ak, qq, (kk,aa) here , i can't imagine aq,jj,tt but even looser than that is impossible, doubt he would turn his pp into bluff so i expected bet from ax.

Would you call a kq,qts after this pre action ? :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Your point about him being a nit is valid, but I think he can still turn some lower pocket pairs into a bluff.

It's just a really nasty spot to be in, so I usually just bet my QQ on the Flop. It's kind of turning it into a bluff, or rather just betting to steal the pot, for lack of a better alternative line.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He had 2 fishes after him pre waiting to shove or call, how could he have weakish hands here, wouldn't fit with his style.

I don't even think he open raise utg most of the hands you suggested :)

Something like this 77+,AJs+,AQo+
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      ahh i keep misreading villain's stats, he is not only a nit, but a hyper nit. Somehow my brain registered him as a 18/15 type of player.

12/10 is really super nitty so I think many of your assumptions are probably correct. His opening range in this position is probably 8-10% which is probably the range you suggested.

If the fishes did not come along I probably wouldn't 3bet and just call, and if he 4bets me I'm folding QQ here.

I think I agree with you now, purely based on his preflop stats. Yes he has an ultra strong range here (not only his opening range but also his 3bet defence range) and I think he just isn't stabbing often enough.