NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.90)
      Hero ($14.10)
      UTG ($4.11)
      UTG+1 ($10.11)
      CO ($14.80)
      BTN ($11.69)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, CO calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.35) A:heart: 5:club: 4:club:

Hero bets $1, CO raises to $2, Hero raises to $4.50, CO calls $2.50

TURN ($10.35) A:heart: 5:club: 4:club: K:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero raises to $9 (AI), CO folds

Hero shows K:club: A:diamond:

Hero wins $12.46

• 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think the Flop 3bet is fine, if we think that he raises worse AX hands like AQ AJ AT etc. If he is only raising draws, gutshots, and 2pairs/sets then it would not be good.

On the Turn, I don't see any reason to check the Turn. I think we are allowing him to pot control and check behind on the Turn with his weaker kickers so I don't think it is too good of a play. I would bet 5 and shove all rivers.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yeah about the size on the turn, once we put 5$ in we about 4$ left to the river in a 20$ pot

I don't think he will have any illusions here, but we want fd to pay and likely go broke on turn.

I saw 3 lines
      small bet to oddstrap him on the river, sadly no low flush protection
      push, quite obvious might scare fd
      c/p, he likes stabbing the pot and once he stabbed it it is possible i lure in his fd-s and everything else with it.

Could have raised bigger on the flop and ship river for about a 2/3 potbet
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hmm I keep misreading the stack and pot sizes

Flop: May potentially be overplay, with 150bb. I think you may isolate yourself vs stronger, not sure if people are going to be thrilled with raise/calling AQ/AJ here.

Turn: Comparing your 3 lines
      1) I think small betting makes the stacks to pot ratios awkward, though I still prefer it to option 3.
      2) I don't really care about his flush draws. Pushing here is to go for max value vs AQ AJ AT
      3) check/push doesn't make sense. You already made a very threatening Flop 3bet and he will take every chance to pot control the Turn IMO. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that he will stab the Turn a lot. In fact, everything I see in the popup tells me he is passive.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I based it on, Bet vs missed cbet ip

So how to play it start from flop , raise there bigger ship turn ?

I can't think of better line we usually really don't want to check against this guy.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I keep going back and forth about the Flop 3bet decision. Some things to consider...

1) We are deep
      2) Your raise was fairly large preflop, and as a result the stack to pot ratio is even smaller than a typical 100bb situation where the PFR raises to 3BB and gets a single caller.

So I think my previous comment about being deep isn't too important, and thus I think 3betting Flop seems like a good option.

So my preferred line is

bet 1->3bet to 5-5.50, shove Turn

This sizing just makes stack sizes less awkward and enables you to have an approximately 70-80% pot size bet left on the Turn which makes it easier to call for villain, as opposed to leaving him with a pot-sized bet.