[NL20-NL50] 50fr AKo MP2

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $53.39 (106.8 bb)
      BB: $54.03 (108.1 bb)
      UTG+1: $64.40 (128.8 bb)
      UTG+2: $24.26 (48.5 bb)
      MP1: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP2): $51.58 (103.2 bb)
      MP3: $55.97 (111.9 bb)
      CO: $55 (110 bb)
      BTN: $82.94 (165.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A K
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB raises to $6.25, Hero raises to $15.62, CO folds, BB calls $9.37

Flop: ($32.99) 5 Q 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $35.96 and is all-in, BB calls $35.96

Turn: ($104.91) Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($104.91) K (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $104.91 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: 5 Q 7 Q K
      BB showed T T and lost (-$51.58 net)
      Hero showed A K and won $101.91 ($50.33 net)

VPIP: 36, PFR: 11, 3B: 13, AF: 0,6, Hands: 45

In these cases when they call absurd sizes, so absurd that their stack is smaller than the flop pot, I never know what to do when I don't hit anything.
      I usually just invest the rest, as I was planning to go all-in PF anyway and well I guess that's it.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Your 4bet size is kind of huge, though I do not mind making it so large with AKo (exploitable play) vs a fish. Vs a reg I would just make it smaller to like 12, so I can still have a 4bet bluffing range and not give away info about my hand (I am putting you on AK and JJ/TT a lot when you make such a large 4bet size).

As played, I think better hands are never folding, and worse hands are always calling. Any JJ-99 type of hand called preflop to dodge an Ace or King. And his calling range here preflop contains many AQ/KQ type of hands too.

I will check and either give up if I felt his range is just too strong here which I think is often the case, or call down if I think his preflop range contains many more hands like T9s AXs AJ KJs etc. But I think your huge preflop size restricts his range a lot so I think I like giving up more.

Thanks.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Your 4bet size is kind of huge, though I do not mind making it so large with AKo (exploitable play) vs a fish. Vs a reg I would just make it smaller to like 12, so I can still have a 4bet bluffing range and not give away info about my hand (I am putting you on AK and JJ/TT a lot when you make such a large 4bet size).

As played, I think better hands are never folding, and worse hands are always calling. Any JJ-99 type of hand called preflop to dodge an Ace or King. And his calling range here preflop contains many AQ/KQ type of hands too.

I will check and either give up if I felt his range is just too strong here which I think is often the case, or call down if I think his preflop range contains many more hands like T9s AXs AJ KJs etc. But I think your huge preflop size restricts his range a lot so I think I like giving up more.

Thanks.
      Why would you decide to check/call with A high tho?
      True you might induce a bluff but how many times does he actually have less than you AND bluffs with it?
      Isn't it better to take all the FE you can and hope he folds JJ- (I still mean in the case you think his range is a bit larger)?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Let's just put it this way:

He never folds better, and he doesn't call worse. So betting serves no purpose at all other then to donate money to villain.

So checking seems to be the better play. So either c/c or c/f depending on how wide his betting range is.