[NL20-NL50] 50fr AQo BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $62.12 (124.2 bb)
      BTN: $64.42 (128.8 bb)
      SB: $40.25 (80.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $53.69 (107.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A Q
      3 folds, SB raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $2.75

Flop: ($8) T A J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.67, SB raises to $12.50, Hero folds

Results:
      $19.34 pot ($1.06 rake)
      Final Board: T A J
      SB mucked and won $18.28 ($8.61 net)
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$9.67 net)

VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 1,8, Hands: 441

Didn't really have many hands on him (around 100) but from those he seemed pretty solid PF and more passive postflop.
      Therefore I do give credit to his raises, and on such a flop, where even AJ and AT beats me, I just decided to give up.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

While 3betting AQ may seem kind of standard, this guy seems nitty. I'll look at his Raise 1st stat and then decide on whether I have value or not. Basically if it's above 20%+ I think it's fine (provided his fold to 3bet isn't high like 70%+)

On the Flop I think we only have 2 streets max. And we should check the flop for pot control. Also we aren't really afraid of too many turn cards too. And we don't want to get bluff raised.

Once we get bluff raised we are crushed by his range I think. So bet/fold is good.

Thanks.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

While 3betting AQ may seem kind of standard, this guy seems nitty. I'll look at his Raise 1st stat and then decide on whether I have value or not. Basically if it's above 20%+ I think it's fine (provided his fold to 3bet isn't high like 70%+)

On the Flop I think we only have 2 streets max. And we should check the flop for pot control. Also we aren't really afraid of too many turn cards too. And we don't want to get bluff raised.

Once we get bluff raised we are crushed by his range I think. So bet/fold is good.

Thanks.
      How are we not scared of many cards on turn?
      Any Q and K leaves you in the dark for straights, any 9 or 8 gets his RFI/Call on SB range, any A, J, or T leaves us in the same situation we are on the flop.
      Or am I wrong?

However right or wrong, I do see the advantages of a check behind on flop, it's a WA/WB situation, isn't it?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      It's def not a WA/WB since board is wet.

Even with A9 i will check back. I disagree with betting for protection. Our hand is weak and we should check to dodge some bad cards. But with AK and AQ we block the K and Q, and also with AQ a K gives us a straight which is great for us.

We also prevent ourselves from getting checkraised which is bad if he is ever bluffing.