• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $8.46 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 20, 3B: 9, AF: 2.0, Hands: 152
      Hero (SB): $5.15 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 3.8, Hands: 23488
      BB: $2.30 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 2.0, Hands: 28
      UTG: $5.47 - VPIP: 46, PFR: 35, 3B: 14, AF: 2.6, Hands: 120 -- RFI: 10, F3B: 40, FCB: 56, FCBT: 67, Agg%: 48, WTS: 24
      CO: $6.97 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 3, AF: 0.0, Hands: 101

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with Q :club: A :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.05) 4 :club: 3 :spade: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.05) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG folds

The guy seems to play a lot of hands, but not that much from UTG. He also called 3/5 3B in my data sample. So I think my 3B is kinda thin value. In the end, maybe his actual UTG RFI is 15, and it's just variance.

He calls my CB, but seems like he does it quite often. So I barrel turn to get rid of his pockets, which were unlucky enough to miss a set even on such board. Since his Agg% is on the higher side, I don't mind his potential bluffs to fold either.
  • 6 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I like 3betting here for value.

If you expect him to call your cbets a lot then just check/fold here and only bet your good hands.

Once he called here I prefer giving up rather than trying to make him fold a PP here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop is good. Postflop is very dependent on tendencies.

Whats his fold to turn cbet? I think its bad tbh but im not sure. When his ftcbet on flop is so high it just means his turn continuation range is stronger on avg.

Thanks.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hehe, lucky am I. Thanks Plamen and mbml.

@mbml, sorry if my notation is not clear, FCBT is fold to cb turn (67).

his ftcb on flop is not high, but low, right? and I don't think it's so low, it's just on the lower side. 50-70 is the normal range, as far as I'm concerned.

Could anyone please tell me why we don't want to bluff him in this spot? The flop is dry, and I thought that this kinda flop is the one that we barrel on most turn cards, especially against a guy who likes to float.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I get the idea but I just don't think it's the right opponent to do such moves agaisnt.

Basically he's a fish and we don't want to bluff on multiple streets against someone who is likely to call us down with bottom pair, right? Against these guys we want to value bet thin against them.

So, if you think he can fold enough on the flop just bet there and give up on the turn.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      I get the idea but I just don't think it's the right opponent to do such moves agaisnt.

Basically he's a fish and we don't want to bluff on multiple streets against someone who is likely to call us down with bottom pair, right? Against these guys we want to value bet thin against them.

So, if you think he can fold enough on the flop just bet there and give up on the turn.
      Is it really like that? Just because a guy has high VPIP, then he always calls down with a bottom pair? This fella here has WTS 24 for example. With his VPIP, I think WTS converges way faster, and we can assume that most likely he is not a calling station.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

I think that if we just refrain from bluffing those guys we will have a much easier game and won't put ourselves into tough spots.

Said in other words, I definitely won't try to take him off his 88/TT since I doubt that he'd fold it.