• staselu
      staselu
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2070607
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $10.31
      UTG: $10.15
      CO: $13.52
      BTN: $11.43 15/9 steal from BU 23% fold to 3bet 80% wts 16 4bet 0% hands 504
      SB: $16.31

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: 6 :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.90, BTN calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.85) T :heart: 9 :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($3.85) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.88, BTN calls $2.88

River: ($9.61) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.50, Hero ?

preflop: bu steals 23% and fold to 3bet 80%, so I think it is a profitable spot to 3bet bluff against him, I think he is calling 3bets with stong hands like AJ, AQ,AT, JJ, TT, KQ, maybe AK,

flop: I am not sure, but I think it is OK to cbet on such bord, he can fold AQ, AJ, AT,KQ,AK

turn: If he called the flop cbet, he probably has a overpair or a strong draw, so I bet for value and protection

river: bad river card, what to do ?
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Theoretically preflop 3betting will be fine but we have to choose the hands that we want to 3bet with. For example - are you calling with Q8s here?

Since our plan preflop was to bluff and we didn't succeed I prefer giving up on this flop.

Betting the turn is good.

As played, I think check/folding the river is fine.
      I can't see any worse hands calling us here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • staselu
      staselu
      Bronze
      on the flop with our cbet we can bluff out alot of better hands like AK,AQ,AJ,AT

why giving up on this flop is better ?( ?

Thanks
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by staselu
      on the flop with our cbet we can bluff out alot of better hands like AK,AQ,AJ,AT

why giving up on this flop is better ?( ?

Thanks
      AJ may not always fold the flop, you've listed only 3 hands in his range that could fold compared to the many hands out there that do beat you.

23% steal is a huge range, he has position on you so he easily call alot of his range here which include a huge amount of draws, I'd stay away from that flop unless I've flopped something I'm prepared to all the way with.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well as Matt said, AJ is probably going to call against one bet, AT is never folding here against one bet and AK is probably going broke preflop.
      Overall the only hand that I expect to fold here is AQ and we block some of those.

Also KQ/KJ/QJ are never folding as well. So overall I don't think that we will have enough FE to justify a bet here.