From 50$ to 10k$ with Nl FR and 6max (Nl10)

• chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      Why I start this Blog?

Yesterday I wrote a covering letter for a civilian service job and I had over 4 hours for only 1 page and I had to use the leo.org a lot. And this although I am now 23 years old and had English in my school for over 6 years. Reading in English is no problem for me, but talking and writing is my weakness. So I decide to start a blog here in the English section to improve my writing skills. I hope some of can correct my mistakes and I can deliver content or coaching up to Nl 25 FR!

About me
      I'm 23 and I come from Switzerland. I made an apprenticeship as something between electronics engineer and electrician. The name of this job here in Switzerland ist "Automatiker". But I had recognized that this isn't the job which I want to do for the rest of my life. So I decided to go back to school that I can go to the university to become a doctor. This summer I'm going to take the exams and when I pass I can go to the university.

My Poker Career

I started like many others with the SSS my career. I played from Nl10 up to Nl2k and made a lot of money during my apprenticeship. After SSS I learned BSS FR and played there from Nl5 to Nl200. Many times I tried 6max but I failed in every attempt because there are a lot more swings. I always came back to Fullring grinding.
      Now I played certainly over 1 Mio Hands Nl50-Nl200 with a winrate of about 2bb/100. Unfortunately I have no graph or something because I deleted my Database many times when I was thinking about to quit poker. I tried to learn Omaha because Nl FR bored me very much. But at the moment I have no spare time to learn so much new stuff. So when I have time for poker I only want to relax and not learning, learning, learning…

My Challenge

So I decided to cash out my whole Bankroll and try to restart with only 50$. The Challenge for me is to make 10000$ Winnings (without Rakeback) out of this 50$ like from Pokerstrategy given. I only want to play Nl FR on Stars (no Zoom) with more than 16 Tables. Because I have not very much spare time I think I will have about 1 or 2 years for that challenge. My goal is to play around 50k hands in a month. My Bankrollmanagement is:

Nl2: 50$-175$
      Nl5: 100$-350$
      Nl10: 250$-700$
      Nl16: 500$-1000$
      Nl25: 750$-2250$
      Nl50: 1750$-5000$
      Nl100: 4000$ - 10000$

[X] Nl2: 6250bb winnings
      [X] Nl5: 3500bb winnings
      [ ] Nl10: 3500bb winnings
      [ ] Nl16: 2000bb winnings
      [ ] Nl25: 5000bb winnings
      [ ] Nl50: 5500bb winnings
      [ ] Nl100: 5000bb winnings

Bankroll: 360$ (8.10.2013)

My Winrate Prediction

Nl2: 10bb/100
      Nl5: 6bb/100
      Nl10: 5bb/100
      Nl25: 3bb/100
      Nl50: 2bb/100
      Nl100: 1bb/100

I know that this is rather low for a Nl100 Player. But I play somewhere between 16-24 Tables and with each table more the winrate drops a decent amount.

I hope my English is not to bad and everyone can understand it :f_biggrin: I start right now with my first Nl2 Session! I am excited how the player there will play! :f_cool:

Edit: Here are my current graphs and stakes!

Overall in bb (17.10.2013)

Overall in $$$ (17.10.2013)

Nl2 FR

Nl5 FR

Nl10 SH (17.10.2013)

• 28 replies
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      I played the first couple of hands on Nl2. I was really astonished about the players there! I thought alway Nl2, there are only bad players and some bad Regs. But I realized that this wasn't true. A normal table has now 3-4 Regs (13/11) , 1-2 Midstacker, 2-5 bad players. Yes of course the Regs aren't that good like on Nl100. But they were able to float, loose 3bets from BU/CO and raised flushdraws as a semi-bluff.
      This was very surprising for and I can now understand when new players say that the microstakes are tough.

My plan to win at Nl2:

- ABC Style (No moves, no 4bet Bluffs, no doublefloats....)
      - Fold AK/QQ(When a reg make a could4bet, 3bet me from BB vs UTG or something, easy fold when he has low 3bet with AKo/QQ
      - Steal BU (Tight regs --> 70% Steal, bad players --> highcards and tighter)
      - All-In situation (Don't follow them, concentrate on correct play)
      - UTG/MP (Tight UTG: AQ+/66+/QJs+ MP: AJ+/55+/T9+)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Good luck chopfi

Those challenges look awesome, very disciplined!
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      Long time no reply but I haven't expected that I have no time beside grinding and learning to update this blog.
      But now I have finished my school and I have 1 year more time for Poker.

Since I started this Blog, I could beat Nl2 and Nl5. But now I try from Nl10 to play only 6max Zoom or Rush Poker. My Bankroll is 360$ and tomorrow I will start with Nl10 and I hope I can beat this Limit also with less than 100k Hands!

Here are the graph and the stats from my challenge so far.

The funny thing is that I expected to beat Nl2 with 10bb/100 and Nl5 with 6bb/100. Obvious no variance in my game :D

I search someone who can't speak german to talk in skype about hands or make some sweat sessions to keep my English skills up to date. So when you play between Nl10 and Nl50 6max write here or in the community tool.
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      Currently I don't play many hand because I tried to develop my own Preflop Gameplan. I took the Platinum Preflop articles and changed them a little bit. Now I have for every position and nearly every situation a gameplan.
      In the next days I want to memorise them.
      I think I need this because currently I 3bet and call against 3bet one time with A5s and another time with QJo. And when I drop some stacks I'm always thinking "That can't be +EV" and the next few hands I play tight again.

With the new gameplan I have a solid foundation with I always can go back and I know, I can play this hands +EV. Certainly I modify my ranges when I see a leak which Villain has. :f_biggrin:

I decided to play the normal tables, because there are more weak players. While I adjusted the filters I discovered Nl16! :f_eek: When I was playing last time this stakes there were only Nl5-->Nl10-->Nl25.
      With this new stake I don't have to grind so many stacks on Nl10. I updated in the first post my BRM.

I played now around 2k hands on Nl10. Tonight or tomorrow in the morning I will make a sessionreview and post some hands in the Hand evaluation Forum.

Here a song with 2 different beats and I like both :f_love:

• chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      I played now 8k hands 6max and it makes a lot more fun than fullring. People are able to bluff and you can now make a check/call line without only seeing the nuts :f_biggrin:
      This is my first time I play seriously 6max and I don't think I will go back to fullring. I can recommend it to every FR player! You have to make a lot more theorie to learn but it makes fun during grinding not like the first 120k hands of this challenge which were like work for me.

Because I have problems with my fokus on poker during a session I have now 2 sheets in front of my screen.

1. Before a session

--> Distractions away from the desk? (mobile phone, skype....)
      --> tidy desk?
      --> done 15 min poker theorie before session? (evaluation forum, theorie...)
      --> length of the session?
      --> On which topic I try to set my focus while grinding?

2. During a session

--> NO INTERNET !
      --> DON'T OPEN HM2!
      --> NO MUSIC!
      --> PLAY ABC STYLE
      --> RIVER RAISE = NUTS!!!

The last point is very important for me. I often call a riverraise although I know villain has me beat. This is a big leak from me because on this stake a riverraise is to 90% Nuts!

Here an example:
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $11.03
      BB:
      $13.09
      MP2:
      $10.69
      MP3:
      $4.00
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) J, J, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.45) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.45) T (2 players)
      BB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.00, BB raises to $4.70, Hero calls $1.70.

Final Pot: $10.85.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, king high(K Q).
      BB shows a full-house, jacks full of nines(J 9).
      BB wins with a full-house, jacks full of nines(J 9).

I discovered here in the english blog section a lot of interesting one's. I have definitely a lot to read :)
      I will update this blog with a graph always after 10k Hands. Currently I'm a few stacks under EV but I have to think like:
      "Only A-Game matters and I can't change the outcome! Don't spend thoughts on thing you can't influence."
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      10k hands achieved! I am satisfied with my game. :)
      Until my last session it looked like a BE-Graph.

Every time when I have a downswing or a long BE-Strech I have to look to a variance simulator. Then I realise that this can happen over 100k hands even if you beat the stakes with around 8bb/100. Variance can make to a player 140BI difference in only 100k hands!

1 Hand from my last session.

Let the people bluff you when they are on the button and assume you have a weak range :f_cool:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $20.06
      BB:
      $3.80
      MP3:
      $5.42
      CO:
      $12.23
      BU:
      $10.54

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1) J, 3, 7 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, CO folds.

Turn: ($2) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($4) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20.

Final Pot: $10.4.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, sevens(7 7).
      BU shows high card ace(A 9).

Hero wins with three of a kind, sevens(7 7).

And today is Switzerland vs Albania. We only need 1 point to go to brazil in 2014 :f_thumbsup: This should be possible.
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver

And this time with Switzerland! When we can beat today Slovenia AND Italy, Uruguay or Colombia lose a match, we are in pot 1 when the draw for the groups take place :f_love:

Back to poker!

Played now enough hands on Nl10 SH to have a clue how I want to beat this stake!

- Play solid ABC- Poker
      - No big calldowns
      - Play my SHC unless a) f3bet >78 b) F BB vs SB Steal >75 c) Fold vs steal >85
      - No big bluffs
      - Don't take every +EV spot

I think the last point is the most important. I watched a video from w34zl3 about it. And I recognized myself! When I play every +EV spot, I play a lot more hands and can't focus on the other hands.
      Additional there is more variance when I take every spot and when I lose a few stacks I think during the session if this spot truly was +EV or not. So I am less focused during my session.

The other thing I have to change is my daily routine. Currently I don't work and don't study anything. So I have the whole day free and can do what I want!
      I think everyone knows the problem, actually I do serious thins 3 or 4 hours a day and the other hours I spend playing GTA 5, listen to music, sleeping 10 hours .....

So I want to try to make daily and montly goals which I am able to achieve!
      I saw Schnitzelfisch made a lot of good videos about this issue and wrote a good text. Definitly have to read and watch this stuff!

For the end of this post a hand which now I don't want to play anymore! To much variance!
      Villain 3bets 18%!

Play hand

Known players:
      BB:
      $13.70
      MP3:
      $14.14
      CO:
      $9.50
      BU:
      $3.35
      SB (Hero):
      $10.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 3, T, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.55, Hero calls $1.55.

Turn: ($4.7) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70.

River: ($10.1) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $5.80, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $20.9.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and tens(T K).
      BB shows a pair of kings(K A).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and tens(T K).
    • ransoft500
      ransoft500
      Bronze
      Only winings.GL :)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hej, very nice blog! Would be happy to discuss hands with you in Skype as my German is beyond terrible. Where in Switzerland are you from by the way?
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      cool. I like the way you've made this blog. following :)
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      Hey, nice to have some followers :)

@DaPhunk: I live in the north between Basel and Zurich. Read your 100k challenge thread. I had the same problem to play to many hands and thought that I can outplay every opponent because it is only nl2-10. Thats the reason why I try to play now tight without spew to have a good winrate. :D
      You can add me in skype, same name as here.
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      Played another 10k hands Nl10 6max and made some profit. But I had this time more uncertain spots while played than in the first 10k hands. In addition to that I wasn't very focused and played sometimes without studying.
      But I am satisfied with my laydowns! I think this is useful for every micro limit grinders. "A bad fold is much better than a bad call!"

In the graph you can see that I had over 9k hands a BE-Stretch. In the last session I dropped first 5 Stacks to get it back with 4 Setups in my favour. Run also a bit over EV :)

I updated now my first post with the stakes and a graph I played so far!

For the readers who like some hands I post tomorrow some which I played the last 10k hands!
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      Here some hands. When you have some comments please write for example "hand 2.3" Then I know instantly which hand do you mean because I posted a lot :f_biggrin:

1. Laydowns (Maybe good or bad)

1. Villain is a normal Reg. In this moment I couldn't imagine what he can raise me expect a set. When he bluffed me, NH!

Play hand

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $11.34
      MP2:
      $10.37
      MP3:
      $12.72
      CO:
      $8.67
      BU:
      $10.34
      SB:
      $10.27

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.30, MP2 folds, BU calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.95) 7, A, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $3.05, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.45.

2. Villain is a fish 37/18. After the hand was played I saw that he limp/raise 4% (50 situations). I think Turn fold is ok

Play hand

Known players:
      MP2:
      $12.50
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.25
      BU:
      $9.50
      SB:
      $17.58
      BB:
      $10.15

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, 4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.75) 3, 9, J (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70.

Turn: ($5.15) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $10.00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.15.

3. Villain is a Maniac with 57/35. But in this session I was in the mood to make many laydowns like this!

Play hand

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $10.10
      BU:
      $9.85
      SB:
      $12.92
      BB:
      $11.87
      MP3:
      $19.80

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, T.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) A, 4, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.7) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60.

River: ($4.9) T (2 players)
      SB bets $7.20, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.9.

4. Villain is a fish 51/15. Maybe also bad fold but was the same session like the last hand.

Play hand

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $7.64
      SB:
      $12.31
      BB (Hero):
      $10.05
      MP3:
      $13.68

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, K.
      3 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.8) 4, K, T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, SB calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $10.31, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.

5. Riverdonk from a reg? Must be Nuts! :D

Play hand

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.27
      MP3:
      $11.86
      CO:
      $2.71
      BU (Hero):
      $10.73
      SB:
      $10.15

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.6) K, 2, 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.4) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.80.

River: ($3) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.90, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.

6. Didn't want to put my stack in because the pot was only 1 $. But the others do it with a 6 :f_confused:

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $11.36
      SB:
      $33.32
      BB (Hero):
      $10.20
      MP3:
      $26.29
      CO:
      $10.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 6.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.24, BU calls $0.24, SB calls $0.19, Hero calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.96) 3, 4, K (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.96) 5 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.96) 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, CO raises to $10.36(All-In), BU calls $10.36, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $22.28.
      Results follow:

BU shows a straight, six high(A 6).
      CO shows a straight, six high(6 A).

BU wins with a straight, six high(A 6).
      CO wins with a straight, six high(6 A).

2. Calldowns (Maybe good or bad)

1. River 1/4 donk seems like 9x or low flush. But I don't think I can get away from this hand with this prize? Villain played 39/0

Play hand

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.84
      BB:
      $12.17
      MP3:
      $13.24
      CO (Hero):
      $13.62
      BU:
      $10.17

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, BU calls $0.45, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.5) 9, 7, A (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.20, BU calls $1.20, MP3 calls $1.20.

Turn: ($5.1) 9 (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.00, BU folds, MP3 calls $3.00.

River: ($11.1) 4 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $17.1.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines(K A).
      MP3 shows a full-house, nines full of sevens(9 7).

MP3 wins with a full-house, nines full of sevens(9 7).

2. Villain seems like a reg after 50 hands. Flop I don't like bet/fold but c/c also sucks!
      I c/c the flop because he can bet his overcards or I can hit 5 Outs or 8 cards for the backdoorstraightdraw.

Play hand

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $4.22
      BB (Hero):
      $11.15
      MP3:
      $10.94
      CO:
      $15.06

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 6.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.35, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.20, BU calls $0.85.

Flop: ($2.45) 8, 6, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70.

Turn: ($5.85) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.70, Hero calls $3.70.

River: ($13.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.40, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.25.

3. Villain is a Reg 20/16. Think I can fold this on the river. He has the flush or the fullhouse!

Play hand

Known players:
      BB:
      $17.00
      MP3:
      $4.00
      CO (Hero):
      $10.20
      BU:
      $3.33
      SB:
      $10.49

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, J.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) J, 2, 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.43, Hero calls $0.43.

Turn: ($1.51) J (2 players)
      BB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($3.71) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80.

Final Pot: $9.31.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, jacks(A J).
      BB shows a full-house, twos full of jacks(2 2).

BB wins with a full-house, twos full of jacks(2 2).

4. Villain plays 32/26/8 over 580 Hands. He raises many flops but I don't like to get it in on the flop. Maybe because I played nearly 3 years fullring I'm still a nit!

Play hand

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.30
      MP3:
      $3.52
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00
      BU:
      $15.20
      SB:
      $10.35

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, K.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) T, J, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.75) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30.

River: ($8.35) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.35.

3. Fails?

1. Villain plays 61/18 over 52 Hands. On the river he can sometimes have Aces and played the wellknown fish-line! But with the rivered fullhouse I can't fold!

Play hand

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $11.60
      MP2:
      $12.86
      MP3:
      $10.29
      CO:
      $10.40
      BU (Hero):
      $10.45

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, T.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.75) A, T, 4 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.75) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70.

River: ($5.15) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4.90, Hero raises to $7.95(All-In), MP3 calls $2.89.

Final Pot: $20.89.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, nines full of tens(9 T).
      MP3 shows a full-house, aces full of nines(A A).

MP3 wins with a full-house, aces full of nines(A A).

2. Villain plays 24/20/7.5 and has 20% 3bet vs BU. He folds 55% vs 4bets. But I must confess that I'v never calculated if this is +EV spot and only shipped it with a suited Ace. Have to calculate which hands I can play profitable vs a midstacker 3bet from blinds!

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $4.05
      BB:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $11.09

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, A.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB raises to $0.70, BB folds, Hero raises to $10.00, SB calls $3.35.

Flop: ($14.15) T, 9, 8 (2 players)

Turn: ($14.15) 8 (2 players)

River: ($14.15) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $14.15.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, nines and eights(7 A).
      SB shows two pairs, queens and nines(Q Q).

SB wins with two pairs, queens and nines(Q Q).

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hej, added you on Skype. Only ever been through your area of Switzerland on the train lol, just remember it seeming very green and nice. Wouldn't say that was uncommon for the country by any means :f_love:

Going to look at the hands:

I find it really hard to fold straight away on this flop. I discount 77 JJ and AJ from his range a bit because of his preflop line with JJ being the most likely hand to still be there. I don't know how to quantify which line is better though :(

Its difficult to say out of game but I think I make the same fold. I've experimented with 4bet/folding preflop here in the past in the hope that he slows down with JJ and AK and snapjams or snapclickraises AA/KK. (Theory being I regain initiative and can save money vs the monsters) Unfortunately that idea didn't work out so I think i take the same line.

I raise flop or play it the same way.

I'm very happy making this fold because of the sizing and the fact you raised flop putting more FD's in his range. If you hadn't raised flop I'd think a donk was more likely a bluff with most villains prefering a C/R, C/C C/R or a C/C DK line with the turned flush.

I really don't like this fold, just because of the way I think about my own range and feel I'm a long way up it. Maybe he always has a backdoor flush or 56s or something but I somehow don't mind paying him off. This should be a good hand to do some range analysis on to see how strong the hands he gets to river with are.

I might be tempted to put a big bet in on turn and expect a ton of folds. Otherwise I play it the same.

Guess this bet looks like an induce or a block-bet. I guess I call vs a fish who limp/called.

I hate C/C because he can just put tons of pressure on us with any sort of draw and valuetown us with TT/JJ or 99. I cbet with our pair + backdoor hoping to fold out equity of overs or maybe I go crazy and C/R if i expect him to bet a lot vs a check.

How about Raise/Fold flop? I really dislike his line from preflop to flopdonk.

I believe I check/fold turn despite our sort of OESD. I think our range should look like it has quite a few flushdraws in it so he won't bet overly light and our hand has pretty bad outs to improve.

Not sure if serious. Standard cooler right?

With 30% equity from The Axs vs his calling range you get about $2.4 back so you're only risking effectively 3.5-2.4 = $1.1 to make him fold.
      1.1/1.1+1 = 47.6% required folds for this ship to be +ev.

Edit: actually changed my mind about a couple of those now lol. Specially the AA fold that I initially wanted to call.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      interesting hands. my takes:

A K - ok
      Q Q - i think you can fold flop already when he pots, we all know he has KK+ evrytiem
      A T - kinda tough, guess fold is good
      K T - shout out curses and fold
      A A - meh, i'd call but i think fold is actually slightly better... i think he could valuebet worse, but not with that sizing
      6 5 - clearly a fold specially against two AI, no need to be results oriented

A K - he could bet worse, call is good
      7 6 - fold pre against 3.5x open :f_eek: ez
      A J - yes fold river
      K J - i think hand is not strong enough to ship flop so i'd plan to bluffcalldown, but that is the worst turn ever so i'd fold there. the oesd sucks and you know it

T 9 - i'd just call and lose everytime :D
      A 7 - just minraise btn with shorties on blinds. as it went i think hand still should be slightly +EV
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      Thank you guys for your comments :)
      Seems like we have in the most spots similar thoughts. I must agree hand "2.4 - K:heart: J:heart: " should be an easy c/f on the turn like you both explained.

But I discussed the hand "1.1 - A:spade: K:club: " with some old friends who play Nl100-Nl400. They think I should c/c because only a few hands like AQ can call. The other hands fold vs a cbet or maybe bluffraise me. So with a check/call on the flop I pay the same amount but they can try to bluff me.

Here I played yesterday a hand which was only stupid :s_mad: Don't know what was going through my had when I played the river ?(
      Someting like "Oh, he have Ax and the flush busted, I can represent the busted flush!"

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.30
      BB (Hero):
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, T.
      BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) T, 5, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.46, Hero calls $0.46.

Turn: ($1.57) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.57) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.70, Hero raises to $8.24(All-In), BU calls $6.54.

Final Pot: $20.05.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, tens(J T).
      BU shows three of a kind, tens(K T).

BU wins with three of a kind, tens(K T).
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      Next 10k hands are finished. Here is the graph:

Should be happy, EV is around 10bb/100 and winnings around 14bb/100. But you can see that it was from hand 3.5k BE. Yes 7k hands with no winnings can happen to the best players in the world. I think in my case it's rather bad play than a bad run. I am very dissatisfied because:

- Listen to music during session --> I lose my focus
      - Checked during the session my winnings in the HM2 --> Who cares about winnings? Play A-Game and the money should come automaticly
      - No theorie made
      - No videos watched
      - Looked after every session in HM und calculated when I can move up
      --> Very bad because then I try to win faster or feel bad when I drop some stacks.
      - Made bad calldown --> Not like the hands I posted some days ago...

To fix this problems I play my next hands soonest sunday evening.
      In addition to that I play the next 20k hands without 1 view to my overall winnings. Here my new view under reports in HM2. Should help me to concentrate on A-Game!

I think I will review today my last 10k hands and post again some of them!
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chopfi
      I played now 8k hands 6max and it makes a lot more fun than fullring. People are able to bluff and you can now make a check/call line without only seeing the nuts :f_biggrin:
      This is my first time I play seriously 6max and I don't think I will go back to fullring. I can recommend it to every FR player! You have to make a lot more theorie to learn but it makes fun during grinding not like the first 120k hands of this challenge which were like work for me.
      Thanks for your recommendation.

I am a fullring player and I was thinking about playing 6max on the Ipoker network when I move from stars to clear a Bonus since there Fr tables are tight and not much traffic.

Hope you will accomplish your 10K challenge sooner than you think

:s_love:

Best Wishes
    • chopfi
      chopfi
      Silver
      @ Acespeci:
      Yes try it. When you play the first time 6max I recommend to follow these things:
      - BRM 50-60 Stacks
      - Play you're fullring style at the 6max table (only without UTG 1-3, yes you probably play nitty around 15/13 but thats ok)
      - DO NOT use the argument "Oh, thats 6max they have loose ranges --> I call" (I lost alot of money with this)
      - When you drop 5-10 stacks, make a break (1 or 2 days)

Back to my game. 2 days off from poker was very good.
      I make now a mini challenge which I mentioned in my last post. I play now 20k hands without looking one time at my winnings or my stats etc. Maybe I make enough winnings to play Nl16 but that doesn't matter. I play this 20k hands at Nl10! Hope I can reach with this challenge a better focus! I mark every hand which I am uncertain while grinding. So I can review my trouble hands without looking at my winnings.

In short:

[ ] 20k hands Nl10
      [ ] DO NOT look at winnings or bankroll
      [ ] No music while playing
      [ ] Review every morning trouble hands from last day (before my first session)

Currently I have huge backage :f_cry: I think this is because I sit on the desktop most time of the day with a 50$ chair and no good sitting posture. Next days I will inform me about some good chairs and the right sitting posture. When you have some inputs I would be very grateful!
      Maybe I take my deckchair (never heard this word before in english) from the cellar that I can play poker lying. When I make this I think I will play Zoom because its easier to handle it. :D