[NL20-NL50] KQs multiway what's our best play?

• Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Hey! My thought when I played the hand was that i don't want to check call and I don't want to check raise in a multiway pot as I will get to many folds. So i figured that donking should be our best play here. Both were unknown.

PokerStars - Hold'em Cash Games - $0.10/0.25 Blinds - 6 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

giomar26 (BTN): $39.78
      coehoorn23 (SB): $31.92
      HERO (BB): $52.16
      istnurgeld (UTG): $25.10
      KiwiKool101 (UTG+1): $31.99
      sashafunk (CO): $39.80

Pre-flop: Dealt to HERO K:spade: Q:spade:
      (2 folds), sashafunk raises to $.75, giomar26 calls $.75, (1 folds), HERO calls $.50

Flop: ($2.35) 4:spade: A:diamond: J:spade: (3 Players)
      HERO bets $1.75, sashafunk calls $1.75, (1 folds)

Turn: ($5.85) 9:spade: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $4.50, sashafunk calls $4.50

River: ($14.85) K:diamond: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $12, sashafunk raises to $32.80 and is all-in, HERO calls $20.80
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Saren,

Preflop: Without much info calling is fine. This is a spot where we can also 3-bet for value (deeper) here if we had info and lets say either of them was fishy or called a lot of 3-bet.

Postflop: What's your plan if you get raised on the flop? Donking may isolate us against his stronger part of his range (because we don't give them a chance to bluff other than bluff raise us).

Against unknown opponents I don't want to put myself in a spot where I may be guessing because of the donk (if he raises for example).

Considering villain called us with one guy behind we can assume that his range is not too strong and skewed towards draws, Ax hands.

Turn is fine as well but I feel that river should be a bet/fold.

Do we really expect villain to shove worse draws? What worse draws are possible since the K, Q and J, 9 are out there?

T8/78/76/56 and that's about it unless he is super loose. And he can have AT/A8/A7/A6/A5/A3/A2.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      The thing is that we only need to be right about 26% of the time to make a profitble call and we got the second nuts.

We are getting 2.87:1 on the river.

He only needs to have a bluff or worse value hand 3/10 times.

You don't think he would raise my donk with a combodraw as Asxs on that flop?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

You should just checkraise this flop. AXX boards tend to get c-betted way more often and thus, a c/r makes more sense than a Flop lead. If the board was T9Xss, then it may make more sense to have a leading range on that board texture.

"I don't want to check raise in a multiway pot as I will get to many folds"

I think we should be happy to get folds. Remember that we are still on a draw, regardless of how strong it is.

Thanks.