BB ($69.23)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($13.75)
      UTG+2 ($53.60)
      MP1 ($52.29)
      Hero ($25)
      BTN ($26.97)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, BTN raises to $3, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.75

FLOP ($6.75) T:diamond: J:heart: 8:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero raises to $22 (AI), BTN calls $17

TURN ($50.75) T:diamond: J:heart: 8:spade: 5:spade:

RIVER ($50.75) T:diamond: J:heart: 8:spade: 5:spade: Q:heart:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When I play the hand I think in 3 options:

-fold :/

-min 4bet/fold : /

-call and push eny flop : D.

I think if I go any worse hand AI PF going to pay me, and I avoid isolate.

What is your opinion shark.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml

Let's evaluate your options.

1) 4bet/fold: I think it's possible. But I don't like that idea. He has ~50% range? Or we just know he has a super wide range. Maybe he jams wide with stuff like AXs. Folding the best hand here would be criminal.

I would consider 4bet/fold if we know his range is semi-wide but still not wide enough for us to call.

2) Call: I think it's our best option here against what seems to be a 15-20% range at the very least. Given Stack to pot ratio, I think we can be fairly comfortable with stacking off if we hit some sort of top pair hand.

3) Fold: Our hand is too strong to fold IMO

4) 4bet pushing immediately: I think it's an option since I expect villain to fold here 70%+ of the time given how wide his range is but I still prefer calling.

On the Flop, it's kind of a shitty spot.

A. This is a board where he shouldn't cbet bluff too often
      B. His bet size is really big, indicative of a strong hand
      C. His Flop cbet % is low, meaning he should be strong here.

I think you should either c/c once and fold or just fold immediately.
    • Stedyeddy

thanks for the evaluation and your time mbml
    • kymupa

I kind of don't really feel comfortable calling here with ATo. We are OOP and our hand doesn't really play well.
      I think that we can shove here considering that we have huge fold equity plus decent equity if get called.
      Folding is an option, but then why do we opened this hand when we want to fold it against such a guy?

I think flop is pretty close here. I doubt that he's going to put in too many bluffs here and he has quite decent equity with his overcards.
      Also his sizing looks quite strong so I wouldn't mind throwing this one up.
      I kind of don't like calling on one street here since we are likely to face a shove on the turn and there are almost any turn cards that we will like.