[NL2-NL10] AJo NL4 SH

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The villain was playing with stats 22/9/0 with 66% fold to flop cbet.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($3.75)
      Hero (Button) ($5.51)
      UTG ($3.12)
      BB ($17.68)
      SB ($6.22)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, A
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.12, 1 fold, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) A, Q, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.26) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16

River: ($0.58) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB calls $0.28

Total pot: $1.14

On the flop I checked because I thought that I couldn't take any value from worst hands and that it would be better to take value on the other streets. So how I played it? Are my bet sizings good?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

Definitely bet for value here. We are likely to have the best hand here most of the time and there are quite a few worse hands that would continue here.

As played, I would definitely bet more on both turn and river - $0.2 on the turn and $0.4 on the river.

Best,
      Plamen
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Once he checks twice, I think you have the best hand almost always. I'm going to assume he is a loose passive player? So I would just bet larger on Turn and River. Maybe 20 on turn, then another 75% pot bet on River.

While I often advocate checking back such flops with AX, I think your hand is strong enough to value bet 2 streets or more (maybe make a small river bet after 2barreling perhaps).

That's assuming this guy is a loose passive fish, who doesn't check raise this flop with wide ranges. Against someone more aggro, then I prefer taking your line.