This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo NL4 SH

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The villain was playing with stats 22/9/0 with 66% fold to flop cbet.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($3.75)
      Hero (Button) ($5.51)
      UTG ($3.12)
      BB ($17.68)
      SB ($6.22)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, A
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.12, 1 fold, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) A, Q, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.26) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16

River: ($0.58) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB calls $0.28

Total pot: $1.14

On the flop I checked because I thought that I couldn't take any value from worst hands and that it would be better to take value on the other streets. So how I played it? Are my bet sizings good?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

Definitely bet for value here. We are likely to have the best hand here most of the time and there are quite a few worse hands that would continue here.

As played, I would definitely bet more on both turn and river - $0.2 on the turn and $0.4 on the river.

Best,
      Plamen
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Once he checks twice, I think you have the best hand almost always. I'm going to assume he is a loose passive player? So I would just bet larger on Turn and River. Maybe 20 on turn, then another 75% pot bet on River.

While I often advocate checking back such flops with AX, I think your hand is strong enough to value bet 2 streets or more (maybe make a small river bet after 2barreling perhaps).

That's assuming this guy is a loose passive fish, who doesn't check raise this flop with wide ranges. Against someone more aggro, then I prefer taking your line.