[NL2-NL10] 1010 Nl4 Sh

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The villain was playing with stats 22/22, 46% steal and 80% cbet.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (BB) ($4)
      MP ($7.42)
      Button ($4)
      UTG ($5.60)
      SB ($4)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      2 folds, Button bets $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) J, K, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.18, Hero raises $0.40, Button calls $0.22

Turn: ($1.06) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.67, Button calls $0.67

River: ($2.40) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks

I totally considered to 3bet him, but I eventually called because I thought that against him I could take some value postflop, even playing oop.
      On the flop I ch-raise considering that since he is a thinking player, he could think that my range hits the flop really good. What do you think? Is this move ever good?
      Should I had bet on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop should be a 3bet a lot of the time vs a BU steal but if you think he's folding really often to 3bets (or you are unsure of what to do vs a 4bet), then perhaps flatting the open is fine.

I don't think you should raise the flop, just c/c and hope that you beat some low/mid suited connector or pocket pair. The thing about your c/r (especially the really small size) is that he doesn't necessarily bet/fold a hand like KQ. So you are not really achieving much.

I also don't get your Turn bet, and River check. I think you should give up on the Turn, but when you hit, you just let him check back all his two pairs. I don't think he is going to bluff the River too much, Unless you have the read that he just turns everything into a bluff here, I would just continue betting myself and hope he makes the mistake of calling down too light.

Thanks.