This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 1010 Nl4 Sh

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The villain was playing with stats 22/22, 46% steal and 80% cbet.

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (BB) ($4)
      MP ($7.42)
      Button ($4)
      UTG ($5.60)
      SB ($4)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      2 folds, Button bets $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) J, K, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.18, Hero raises $0.40, Button calls $0.22

Turn: ($1.06) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.67, Button calls $0.67

River: ($2.40) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks

I totally considered to 3bet him, but I eventually called because I thought that against him I could take some value postflop, even playing oop.
      On the flop I ch-raise considering that since he is a thinking player, he could think that my range hits the flop really good. What do you think? Is this move ever good?
      Should I had bet on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop should be a 3bet a lot of the time vs a BU steal but if you think he's folding really often to 3bets (or you are unsure of what to do vs a 4bet), then perhaps flatting the open is fine.

I don't think you should raise the flop, just c/c and hope that you beat some low/mid suited connector or pocket pair. The thing about your c/r (especially the really small size) is that he doesn't necessarily bet/fold a hand like KQ. So you are not really achieving much.

I also don't get your Turn bet, and River check. I think you should give up on the Turn, but when you hit, you just let him check back all his two pairs. I don't think he is going to bluff the River too much, Unless you have the read that he just turns everything into a bluff here, I would just continue betting myself and hope he makes the mistake of calling down too light.

Thanks.