Hi from East London

• lyzation
      lyzation
      Basic
      Hi Everyone

I'm Anthony and im 32 from London

I have been casually playing Poker on and off for the past 2-3 years but nothing intense. All for the fun of it really.

Over the last few months, my interest and love for Poker has grown ten fold and want to play the game at a high level Part time (I currently work full time but intend on playing small tournaments, Sit an go's whenever I get the opportunity to)

I have a current bankroll of about $95 and want to make it grow playing the game I love.

Any tips or advice anyone can give me. Anyone have similar goals?

(It's a Marathon, not a Sprint)
  • 6 replies
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Hello lyzation

I have been playing for two years now, and just like you play mainly for fun, and ultimately, to win a little extra spending money to show for all my efforts. I hope to slowly improve my game, taking one step at a time, and I am in no rush to get rich yet. :D A nice steady £10,000 a week will do for me.... :s_biggrin:

$95 is plenty if you are sensible with your buy-ins, and follow good bankroll management.

Which site/s do you play at? Some sites charge more rake for micro stakes SNGS. I'm thinking of ipoker and their extortionate 16.66% rake.

I have found that 45man SNGS are a good bankroll builder, and they start at buy-ins as low as 0.25 on Pokerstars.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey lyzation,

Welcome to the community!

I think arthurbentley covered it all really and makes me redundant :D BRM or bankroll management is the key to staying alive - follow it and you will be OK :)

If you need some help choosing a poker room click on the link in my signature and we will do our best to find the most suitable room for YOUR needs!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • lyzation
      lyzation
      Basic
      Thanks arthurbentley

Currently I'm only on pokerstars. I haven't really considered any other poker sites just just. I'm happy with the structure of pokerstars.

This will sound a silly question but what is a 'rackback' exactly. Is it if you win a tournament, the site your playing on takes a percentage of your winnings?

I played in a 45 SNG yesterday and came 11th which ain't too bad.
    • lyzation
      lyzation
      Basic
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey lyzation,

Welcome to the community!

I think arthurbentley covered it all really and makes me redundant :D BRM or bankroll management is the key to staying alive - follow it and you will be OK :)

If you need some help choosing a poker room click on the link in my signature and we will do our best to find the most suitable room for YOUR needs!

Kind regards,
      Gary
      Will do thank you. Will definitely give a look
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      No problem, any time :)
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lyzation
      Thanks arthurbentley

Currently I'm only on pokerstars. I haven't really considered any other poker sites just just. I'm happy with the structure of pokerstars.

This will sound a silly question but what is a 'rackback' exactly. Is it if you win a tournament, the site your playing on takes a percentage of your winnings?

I played in a 45 SNG yesterday and came 11th which ain't too bad.
      Hey lyzation, hope it's going well @ PokerStars.

'Rake' refers to the amount of $/£ taken by the house as a fee whenever you play a game (SNG/MTT), or win a pot (cash games). It varies in its degree from site to site so you want to make sure you're aware as you climb the stakes and choose new poker rooms.

'Rakeback' refers to the amount of $/£ given back to the player (usually through a loyalty system of sorts) by the site. Many rooms offer rakeback deals (where you'll get a set amount of money back, relative to the amount you rake) as an incentive for users to join.