Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.31)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($2.90)
      CO ($27.52)
      Hero ($12.30)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold, UTG raises to $1.20, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.75) 7:spade: 4:diamond: 2:diamond:

UTG bets $1.70 (AI), Hero calls $1.70

TURN ($6.15) 7:spade: 4:diamond: 2:diamond: J:diamond:

RIVER ($6.15) 7:spade: 4:diamond: 2:diamond: J:diamond: K:heart:

UTG shows J:heart: J:club:
      (Pre 58%, Flop 72.4%, Turn 81.8%)

Hero shows Q:heart: K:diamond:
      (Pre 42%, Flop 27.6%, Turn 18.2%)

UTG wins $5.74

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: I'm assuming you are planning to go broke (preflop as well) versus UTG?

Postflop: We need roughly 27% equity before rake and let's say we take a best case scenario where he shoves a lot of hands:

JJ-22,AJs-A2s,K9s+,Q9s+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s,AQo-ATo,KTo+,QJo

We have just 41% equity.

So you can see that now if we narrow that down to hands that connect we won't be doing too hot. What range did you give him and what type of equity do you see our hand having?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I gave my hand about 25+4 % eq which should be slim but ok for a call, obviously he could limit my outs but he mights not only shove ax and pp-s.

Call seemed better but pre shoving would have been overplay, do you agree ?

I have no idea what plays like this, it could be nuts only could be random hand good luck to anyone guessing his range :) , limp min3b seem to be getting popular lately :D

People usually do it for strong value when they are afraid to scare people away, but we can't that assumption go with that can we ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I gave my hand about 25+4 % eq which should be slim but ok for a call, obviously he could limit my outs but he mights not only shove ax and pp-s.

Call seemed better but pre shoving would have been overplay, do you agree ?

I have no idea what plays like this, it could be nuts only could be random hand good luck to anyone guessing his range :) , limp min3b seem to be getting popular lately :D

People usually do it for strong value when they are afraid to scare people away, but we can't that assumption go with that can we ?
      Considering you are investing over a third of your effective stacks on a call I think that going with the hand is probably best.

We can assume we have 0 FE so we need to put in 2.2 in the total pot of 6.15 so we need 35% equity or so.

Versus a wider range of: 66+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KQo we have 40% equity so going with the hand is fine.

Even if we reduce from 11.6% to 9.2% we have 36% equity. Now, since he min 4-bet, we should assume a stronger range that would make a shove borderline.

As played consider the fact that villain min 4-bet you so his range is skewed towards stronger hands (I'd expect him to shove more often pre with a wider range). So calling the flop with our hand is not really that great.