Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($14.21)
      Hero ($10.58)
      UTG ($10)
      CO ($18.92)
      BTN ($28.40)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, BTN calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.25) A:club: Q:heart: 9:club:

Hero bets $1.12, BTN calls $1.12

TURN ($4.49) A:club: Q:heart: 9:club: T:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $4.49, Hero folds

BTN wins $4.20

• 4 replies
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      seems a reasonable fold, villain rarely folds to 3-Bet so he could have you dominated with a number of hands (flushes/straights/2P) and I'd say this board is very much in his range.
      His pot bet on the turn seems a bit excessive but I doubt you could call there and checking is fine.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Considering villain is fishier we should consider a bigger cbet for value protection.

The turn is pretty ugly but again, since he is fishy, we can assume he has some worse Ax in his range too and probably can easily call flop with QK/QJ/JJ type hands along with all the other draws/pairs.

So I think that I prefer a 1/2 cbet for super thin value and ck/fold river here.

What range do you think villain will have there, after the flop call?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Ax,2p,flush, least he is passive so when we check to him and he bets we fold, if he doesn't then probably giving him free flush card won't matter than much also aj, gets a freecard but we can bet more freely on the river, i doubt we could still go for 3 street value.

Yeah i know should have bet bigger on flop.

Giving him the trashiest range gives us 54%
      AA,QQ,99,A2s+,KQs,K9s,Q7s+,KcJc,KcTc,Jc9c,Tc9c,Kc8c,Jc8c,Tc8c,9c8c,Kc7c,Kc6c,Kc5c,A7o+,KQo,QTo+
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Ax,2p,flush, least he is passive so when we check to him and he bets we fold, if he doesn't then probably giving him free flush card won't matter than much also aj, gets a freecard but we can bet more freely on the river, i doubt we could still go for 3 street value.

Yeah i know should have bet bigger on flop.

Giving him the trashiest range gives us 54%
      AA,QQ,99,A2s+,KQs,K9s,Q7s+,KcJc,KcTc,Jc9c,Tc9c,Kc8c,Jc8c,Tc8c,9c8c,Kc7c,Kc6c,Kc5c,A7o+,KQo,QTo+
      Don't look at equity there but rather distribution of hands. So how many combos are better and how many combos are worse and can call.

I think that betting 1/2 pot, and checking river on this board is better than checking to him.