Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.30) 6:spade: Q:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero bets $0.65, BTN raises to $1.70, Hero calls $1.05

TURN ($4.70) 6:spade: Q:diamond: 9:heart: K:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.75, Hero folds

BTN wins $4.39

Vs unknown presumed reg

(regs are usually lags, half as much standard, barely any nitty)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Any reason why we open 5x from UTG? Misclick or we have massive fish behind (and a much tigther opening range)?

Postflop: I would probably cbet slightly larger there unless we bet here to induce.

One of the few draws that he could raise got there on the turn (TJ) however the K is also a scare card so if assume most people to be aggro and play the part then we may have to call that card as well.

As a side note, that small cbet will probably induce a lot from aggro regs so we have to bluffcatch a lot more. But as a default, versus unknowns I prefer to bet all my range larger (OOP). Afterall our range will be stronger even on these boards.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I use half pot cbetas standard on dry boards , and they don't usually get dryer than this. Only half legit card he could raise is tj, but he probably better off just calling because it will seem like a bluff and might induce something from pfa.

How would you play it ? You should say it always :)

I realize turn was perfect card to bluff but how far will i take the bluffcatching if he is not a one shot wonder on the flop ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

The way I see it is that if I give you "my answer" all the time without getting you to think a bit about the different possibilities and items like hand reading I am not doing my job.

We, as hand judges, ideally need to improve your overall game by challenging you to think more rather than just give you an answer.

At least that's how I see it :)

Sometimes the hands /solutions are pretty straight forward so this doesn't apply as much.

Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I use half pot cbetas standard on dry boards , and they don't usually get dryer than this. Only half legit card he could raise is tj, but he probably better off just calling because it will seem like a bluff and might induce something from pfa.

I realize turn was perfect card to bluff but how far will i take the bluffcatching if he is not a one shot wonder on the flop ?
      The board is actually somewhat connected, a lot more so that K83r. There's quite a few gutshots/oesds and pairs that do fine here. For example there's 78/TJ/T8 that can have OESD. Then there are gutshots like KJ/KT/J8. So decent aggro villains can raise a lot of these hands. Of course i wouldn't expect to have a lot of decent regs here.

So on this board I'd bet at least 0.8-0.9 or so.

So my line, against unknown, would bet to bet 0.8-0.9 and then take it from there. Since I expect most villains to not be lags I would fold to his raise without info, as nitty as that may be. If, for whatever reason, we really know that most are lags rather than tags/nits I would call at least one street.

As played I feel that we played our hand perfectly to be bluffed so if we start to bluffcatch we have to call at least the turn.