[NL2-NL10] JJ 3-bet

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Didn't really know what to do with this hand, I maybe could have made a light call on the river, given I know opponent has bluffed vs. me with air at times but given he folds to 3-bet 67(3) and overall he doesn't seem that aggressive I folded.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $11.43 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 1.8, Hands: 82
      BTN: $22.11 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 11, 3B: 11, AF: 8.0, Hands: 54
      SB: $11.32 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 8, 3B: 13, AF: 4.0, Hands: 78
      Hero (BB):
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 0.7, Hands: 67
      MP: $1.26 - VPIP: 61, PFR: 18, 3B: 0, AF: 4.2, Hands: 51

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with J:club: J:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.85) K:spade: A:diamond: K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.85) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.05, CO calls $1.05

River: ($3.95) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.95, Hero folds

Final Pot: $3.95
      CO wins $3.77
      (Rake: $0.18)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: Villain seems on the tigther side so far so I don't like our 3-bet with JJ because it turns our hand into a bluff pre. Our raise size OOP is also on the small end, we should make it at least 10-12 BB.

Postflop: That flop hits our perceived range perfectly so I would bet to take down the pot.

What's the purpose of your turn bet? Thin value or take down the pot?
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Take down the pot really, I do think his line is a bit weird, he checks back the flop /flats my average turn bet and makes a pretty weak bet on the river I think he could just as well hold an underpair, but I'm thinking some weaker Ax could also play like this.
      I feel like I'm missing value in some situations, especially on the river and maybe folding too much sometimes. I don't think I necessarily could have called in this situation though with the board as it is. What do you think?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Take down the pot really, I do think his line is a bit weird, he checks back the flop /flats my average turn bet and makes a pretty weak bet on the river I think he could just as well hold an underpair, but I'm thinking some weaker Ax could also play like this.
      I feel like I'm missing value in some situations, especially on the river and maybe folding too much sometimes. I don't think I necessarily could have called in this situation though with the board as it is. What do you think?
      He can have plenty of Ax that play like this so your line (after the flop is fine).

If you want to take the pot down simply bet the flop where your perceived range is the strongest.