This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ vs. 2

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Didn't really feel comfortable 4-betting considering MP is pretty tight and also I don't have any 3-bet info on him, UTg raiser also hasn't raised at all in EP but I can't really fold QQ pre-flop so I felt I had to atleast call.

I really hated the flop.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $11.23 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 15, 3B: 6, AF: 1.0, Hands: 39
      CO: $7.85 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 7
      BTN: $11.93 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 8, 3B: 13, AF: 4.0, Hands: 78
      Hero (SB):
      BB: $13.33 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 0.7, Hands: 67
      UTG: $16.59 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 25, 3B: 12, AF: 8.0, Hands: 96

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q:club: Q:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.30, MP raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.95, 1 fold, UTG raises to $2.40, MP raises to $11.23, 1 fold, UTG calls $8.83

Flop: ($23.56) 9:club: 9:heart: Q:spade: (2 players)

Turn: ($23.56) 3:heart: (2 players)

River: ($23.56) T:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.56
      MP shows K:spade: K:heart:
      UTG shows A:club: A:diamond:
      UTG wins $22.50
      (Rake: $1.06)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: MP vs UTG are usually strong 3-bets so I would actually give respect in this case and fold QQ/AK often.

What's your plan if UTG raises and MP folds? What ranges do you expect villains to have (MP for 3-betting)?

Our call just puts more money in the pot and we know UTG is already aggro so we should expect him to potentially play back a fair amount.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: MP vs UTG are usually strong 3-bets so I would actually give respect in this case and fold QQ/AK often.

What's your plan if UTG raises and MP folds? What ranges do you expect villains to have (MP for 3-betting)?

Our call just puts more money in the pot and we know UTG is already aggro so we should expect him to potentially play back a fair amount.
      He is a "preflop aggro", I was sort of hoping for a raise and MP to fold because I think I could get it in vs. this guy with QQ pre-flop usually.

I don't really have any info on MP so I'd assume a pretty tight 3-bet range AKs/AKo+ (maybe AQs) and QQ+ from that position.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

He is a "preflop aggro", I was sort of hoping for a raise and MP to fold because I think I could get it in vs. this guy with QQ pre-flop usually.

I don't really have any info on MP so I'd assume a pretty tight 3-bet range AKs/AKo+ (maybe AQs) and QQ+ from that position.
      Exactly, so since MP is on a stronger range we should consider the muck preflop even though it seems "tight".

In a vacuum getting in with UTG would be fine but we have to really look at MP here first and foremost.