This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 20 12 aq

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.14)
      BB ($8.63)
      UTG ($10.10)
      UTG+1 ($3.02)
      CO ($23.98)
      BTN ($3.22)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.60) 3:heart: 3:club: 4:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $1.12, Hero calls $1.12

TURN ($3.84) 3:heart: 3:club: 4:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $2.68, Hero calls $2.68

RIVER ($9.20) 3:heart: 3:club: 4:spade: Q:diamond: 7:club:

Hero bets $4.60, BB folds

Hero shows A:heart: Q:heart:

Hero wins $8.59

Btw this and last one happend 2 days ago so i can't recall if he was unknown or did i know this at that point but either case i mispalyed it.

Just analyze for both :)

c/c flop c/r turn would be pretty good if he folds but it seems he doesn't due to his high wtsd and low w$sd , not sure if 2 street bluffcatch with such a hand is a good idea, against unknown it's pretty hard to let this go pre add against him.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine given the raise size and how aggro villain is playing. Do we know how he reacts to 4-bets? he seems on the shorter end so maybe not the best player but I still doubt that we can really 4-bet AQs for value here.

Postflop: This is an example of a great spot where knowing more about villains tendencies would go a long way (after 300 hands we should have some info).

Anyway, we will treat him as a semi unknown and looks just at the stats.

As long as we don't plan to call flop and play fit/fold later I think our play is fine. We can call 2 streets given the little info we have and river can go check/ck. It's true that AK/some pairs can own us a bit but he has a wider range than that.

Now, once we hit the Qx and we know he doesn't like folding (high SD so far) we should look to ck/raise for value. We can even min ck/raise him to induce here.

As played are we donk/folding that river?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Because i am a donk :) and this was a lame attempted quickfix at a turn mistake, still better then c/c due to how passive he is.

Definitely turn c/r

Without that Q c/c turn then c/f riv
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Because i am a donk :) and this was a lame attempted quickfix at a turn mistake, still better then c/c due to how passive he is.

Definitely turn c/r

Without that Q c/c turn then c/f riv
      Yes, your plan sounds fine.

What about the river, is that a donk/fold given how little money there's behind? Why not just shove there?