This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AK shove 4way

• Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Hi ! I just want to share the stats with you before posting the hand:

sb - 36 / 18

bb - 44 / 11

mp2 - 57 / 29

IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $3 (60 bb)
      UTG: $5.96 (119.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $26.53 (530.6 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $1.01 (20.2 bb)
      SB: $0.72 (14.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A K
      UTG raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.72 and is all-in, BB raises to $3 and is all-in, UTG calls $2.90, Hero raises to $26.53 and is all-in, UTG calls $2.96 and is all-in

Flop: ($15.64) 9 7 8 (4 players, 4 are all-in)
      Turn: ($15.64) 6 (4 players, 4 are all-in)
      River: ($15.64) 9 (4 players, 4 are all-in)

Results:
      $15.64 pot ($0.78 rake)
      Final Board: 9 7 8 6 9
      BB showed 4 5 and won $9.24 ($6.24 net)
      UTG showed K K and won $5.62 (-$0.34 net)
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$5.96 net)
      SB showed 3 3 and lost (-$0.72 net)

After short stack shoved, bb shoved, MP2 chose the call which I saw as a sign of weakness. I was thinking I have him clearly dominated and even if I lose against the other players I can break even by winning against MP2.

Thanks for your help !
  • 9 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

post in the hand evaluation forums next time
      "Hand Evaluations up to No Limit 0.05/0.10"

You will get a faster response.

About the hand, while I may fold if SB and BB were deep, they just seem like random fish. I also agree that MP's range could be somewhat wider and that he would be folding a good amount of the time with his mid pockets or AQ type of hand, and there's so much dead money in the pot

Thanks.
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Guys please correct me If I'm wrong, but I think UTG could ONLY call since previous player(s) is already all-in? If so, then your assessment that he is weak might be wrong. ?(
    • LedZayats
      LedZayats
      Bronze
      I think a call there from UTG is as strong as a shove, since I think he's committed anyway after calling off half of his stack. Maybe even stronger, since he probably wanted to entice you to come in by calling. But when I play I always interpret 2x open as random fish open, so I would have probably just put him on a random donk call and shoved too, since he's not too deep.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Anyway he is 57/29, I don't think I need to elaborate on this further :)
    • Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      @spreeboy First of all, I hate to be the smart ass here but there is no UTG in SH ( 6 max ). :) . Second of all, everybody made valid raises so when his turn is coming he could shove without any problem. ( but because he is a fish, he doesn't know where the raise button is ).
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      OP mentioned UTG in his first post, so I just went ahead and thought that way, my bad...

I thought his option is "CALL" only. Is it possible to open-raise and then re-raise an "ALL-IN"?
    • Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Yes, it's possible, as long as you were raised, not fake raised.

E.g. NL200 You raise 6 and there is one guy who shoves for 8$. Now he has made what we call a fake raise. Everybody calls to you. Now you can't re raise because you were not actually raised at all ( as a proper raise online means 50%+ from the previous bet ) so that leaves you with 2 options: FOLD or CALL.

Take care !
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rahica
      @spreeboy First of all, I hate to be the smart ass here but there is no UTG in SH ( 6 max ).
      :facepalm:
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      Originally posted by Rahica
      @spreeboy First of all, I hate to be the smart ass here but there is no UTG in SH ( 6 max ).
      :facepalm:
      Made my day :f_biggrin: