OreShura and Stats. muwahaha

Bronze
      So i need a little assistance with some stats if theres some obvious things i need to work on besides my 3bet and preflop raise should be like more between 20 - 25 (im working on that) but anything else that seems terrible.
      the BB defend and fold thingy I have changed to this from calling 45% and folding rest :P Im trying to reverse those stats.

stakes goes like this
      FL
      25/50c
      10/20c
      5c/10c
      2c/4c (dicking around 17 tabling over 2 days or something)
      NL zoom
      2nl and reg tables

so please dont mind the two last.

i know a few people say "dont stat fix your game" and its not like that. But you do know that if you have a pfr of 5 and vpip of 30 somethings wrong right. as i only seem to understand vpip/pfr/3bet/wtsd/w$sd/agg% and BB defend and fold .. Id like to know of the rest if possible.

these stats are from 24th october last year until today. reason that im not posting all my hands is that this is how i currently play. if i showed my total it would be 26/19 because i started out playing a 18/12 nl style. so this shows how i have played consistantly since my last session of coaching with datsmahname.

if you want other stats i will find them and post

ps. OreShura is a japanese anime i was watching just now and yeah :P
  • 10 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Hi! Don't stat fix your game.

Your 3bet is a bit low, maybe you could find some looser 3bets vs aggressive fishes.
      You also seem to fold your BB too much, for example, my fold BB to steal is 31 (compared to your 45!). I think you can call looser from BB, especially look for 3way+ spots where vs fishes you can profitably call really really loose as they will make lots of mistakes postflop.

VPIP/PFR look totally fine.

Overall your stats look good, seems to be a solid winning style. I would just add a little more "courage", will to play high-variance marginal spots. But of course don't go too far with the loosening up.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Hi! Don't stat fix your game.

Your 3bet is a bit low, maybe you could find some looser 3bets vs aggressive fishes.
      You also seem to fold your BB too much, for example, my fold BB to steal is 31 (compared to your 45!). I think you can call looser from BB, especially look for 3way+ spots where vs fishes you can profitably call really really loose as they will make lots of mistakes postflop.

VPIP/PFR look totally fine.

Overall your stats look good, seems to be a solid winning style. I would just add a little more "courage", will to play high-variance marginal spots. But of course don't go too far with the loosening up.

in regards to the highlighted in the quote .. I hate you mate :D

thanks ill take that into account and then i think you should get your butt on skype and we can do some reviews if you have the time soon? :)
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      OK, what about 2nd and 3rd barrels both IP and OOP?
      and folding on each street as well
      as i told you yesterday, river call efficiency is a good stat (at least for me, being a sd monkey i try to check on that stat)

a position detailed screenshot could be nice as well, to see your OR and 3b on each position.
      Bronze
      the OR raising thingy seems to be missing so i added my hud of myself (shows apparently last 18k hands. Im really tired and exhausted and only have the strength atm to do this quick

EP/MPCO/BTN/SB is the OR percent i have

edit: just saw the UO PFR% :D oh well now you can see my pretty hud so whatever.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Your 3-bet is very low, this would seem to suggest to me you're either not using position like you should (i.e. 3-betting on the button) or you're letting people get away with raising on your SB too much

Your Fold to Flop Continutation Bet is enormous. 42 is unacceptably high. Combined with your fold BB to steal of 45 I'd probably be raising somewhere around 80% of my buttons and SB vs you because you're under-defending and a flop C-Bet vs you is profitable with any 2 cards so I've got to be making profit somewhere.

Turn C-Bet is a little low, probably suggesting you're a little fit/fold on the turn or you go for fancy plays on the turn a little bit too much. the said it's not too low but given how little micro-stakes players put you to the test on the turn compared to higher stakes players getting this closer to 75% can't be too bad

Fold to Turn Bet is also a little high but not as bad as Flop C-Bet but from my side if I had stats like this on you then raising in LP and betting twice with almost any 2 cards is by default profitable.

Your Button opening standards don't fit with the rest of your stats. If you're raising 36% from the CO which is close to what I do then you should be opening almost mid 50's from the button, there should be a noticeable difference between your CO and Button Opening ranges and there isn't atm.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      One detail about the HUD. I see that most of you have on your HUD only the WTSD stat, but not the W$SD. I think it's a very useful stat to go along WTSD, because if you see a guy after 1k hands with a WTSD of 55 you say "woah, he's a SD monkey". But if his stats are like 55/60, now he doesn't look that SD bound at all, it looks like he was running extremely hot the 1k hands you saw him. It also helps you correct the AF/AFq.

I don't know if what I said makes any sense, but at least I find it very helpful. please correct me if I've been saying a lot of nonsense.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      Your 3-bet is very low, this would seem to suggest to me you're either not using position like you should (i.e. 3-betting on the button) or you're letting people get away with raising on your SB too much

Your Fold to Flop Continutation Bet is enormous. 42 is unacceptably high. Combined with your fold BB to steal of 45 I'd probably be raising somewhere around 80% of my buttons and SB vs you because you're under-defending and a flop C-Bet vs you is profitable with any 2 cards so I've got to be making profit somewhere.

Turn C-Bet is a little low, probably suggesting you're a little fit/fold on the turn or you go for fancy plays on the turn a little bit too much. the said it's not too low but given how little micro-stakes players put you to the test on the turn compared to higher stakes players getting this closer to 75% can't be too bad

Fold to Turn Bet is also a little high but not as bad as Flop C-Bet but from my side if I had stats like this on you then raising in LP and betting twice with almost any 2 cards is by default profitable.

Your Button opening standards don't fit with the rest of your stats. If you're raising 36% from the CO which is close to what I do then you should be opening almost mid 50's from the button, there should be a noticeable difference between your CO and Button Opening ranges and there isn't atm.
      Shhhhhhhh :D :D
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JLeitmotiv
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

Shhhhhhhh :D :D
      sowwy :f_love:
      Bronze
      why the shhh ?

@Boomer

thanks a lot.. just a comment on that im probably the guy you will find who does less fancy play ever.. i give up on the turn a lot and just check fold and 3+ mw happens a lot.

ill fix what needs to be fixed
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      let the regs be exploited, that's why the shhh :D

how about a won when saw flop stat? i don't know what are good values there

I think it's quite weird you have a lowish WTSD and a lowish river call efficiency (i don't know if it is actually that low, but iirc 2.3-2.7 were the values). Probably it's due to folding too much on the flop, i don't know.

and how about getting more aggressive? :D

EDIT: About the stat-fixing thing, I obviously agree. Stats are there to look for possible leaks, the thing now is "What do I do with those stats?"

I think that it would be nice if you start a new thread with say 5-10 flop spots were you folded and you think you could have peeled (I LOVE that word, but i don't know if it's written correctly)