[NL2-NL10] UTG w/ AA

• legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $18.74 (117.1 bb)
      BTN: $5.92 (37 bb)
      SB: $16 (100 bb)
      BB: $28.69 (179.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $16.81 (105.1 bb)
      MP: $12.82 (80.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A A
      Hero raises to $0.48, MP folds, CO calls $0.48, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.20) 2 4 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, CO raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.00) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.04, Hero raises to $13.93 and is all-in, CO folds

Results:
      $12.08 pot ($0.54 rake)
      Final Board: 2 4 T 4
      CO mucked and lost (-$5.92 net)
      Hero mucked A A and won $11.54 ($5.62 net)

This guy has been quite loose. I assume that i'm ahead on the flop despite the raise. I imagine something like overcards or maybe a flush draw, although i take away some flush draw hands with the Ace heart. On the turn after he bet i wasn't sure whether i wanted to raise him here or donk the river?

What are some factors when considering with a strong made hand to chk/raise turn or donk river?
  • 2 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      And btw how do I add the HEM2 stats to the post?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

You can add the HEM2 stats when you press the right button to the hand and mark "Copy hand to clipboard with stats".

Now to the hand:

Preflop is fine obviously.

On the flop I like your bet here.
      If you think villain could raise a lot of worse hands such as Tx/draws I think we can 3bet and get it in.

As played, I like the check/shove on the turn. I doubt that he's folding a Tx here, neither he is going to fold a draw probably and this way we maximize our value against those hands.

What are some factors when considering with a strong made hand to chk/raise turn or donk river?
      If you want to check/raise the turn you have to be aware of a few things:
      - what villain is folding - if he is folding enough hands then we can just bluff him off and if villain is rarely folding then we could raise for value here more thinly. We should also consider the board texture - is it drawheavy board or a dry one.

If we want to check/call turn donk river we usually do it when we expect villain to check back a ton of his range but will probably call our bet.

Overall, these lines are quite relative and it would be better for you to post some hands and ask some exact questions.

Best,
      Plamen