[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 88 19-01-13 (speed

• Resilence
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $9 (180 bb)
      UTG: $4.22 (84.4 bb)
      MP: $1 (20 bb)
      CO: $6.54 (130.8 bb)
      BTN: $5.24 (104.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.90 (118 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 8
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 2 6 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.33, CO folds, Hero calls $0.33

Turn: ($1.11) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($1.11) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55

I wasn't sure here, I was thinking about making an isoraise, but wasn't to sure about this, my thoughts on raising was to take down the pot, but felt CO was opening to many hands, and wanted to call him down depending on board texture, I think he had to manny bluffs in his range, and might be more profitable to play postflop.
      However not to happy about playing oop :)

As the hand went into multiway, decided to check back thinking none of these two hit this flop very well.
      As he bet out it does seem strong but, still thought I had a stronger hand, but unsure by how much, he could do this with a FD or PP's

Still a bit unsure on my strength here, so decided not to play to overly aggressively.

Was sure villain had a fullhouse by now, maybe even trying to bluff with a missed FD, but was really unsure if I could c/r or just bet my self here, I felt I was ahead most here, but still felt very uncomfortable here.

Seemed a bit loose only 4 hands but 25/0
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa

Preflop I kind of like calling more.
      3betting will put us in a tough spot I think, since it's quite likely to have an overcard on the flop and we will have to play a bigger pot OOP with a mediocre hand.

I think we can lead out on the flop here. We don't mind to take down the pot right here and could get called by worse.
      As played, I think calling is fine.

Checking the turn is good.

As played, I would probably bet the river myself here. I doubt that he checks here with a better hand on the turn.
      When you check, I think calling is fine. Raising is a little bit close and I would prefer to call and see the SD.