[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 82s 20-01-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.68 (53.6 bb)
      UTG: $2 (40 bb)
      MP: $5.47 (109.4 bb)
      CO: $6.93 (138.6 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.44 (108.8 bb)
      SB: $4.89 (97.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2 8
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.35) 5 8 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.26, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.64

Turn: ($2.15) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.07, SB folds

I'm sure my game here is flawed...

Preflop:
      Think this is a fine spot to oR however it's a bit thin, as we do have opponements that calls a bit to light.

Flop:
      Hit TP and thats about all :P
      As he donkbets I was thinking about folding, but I was so sure that villain would fold or make a mistake to continue here this is where its flawed, he is unknown. I don't know how he plays low pp's FD's etc, so I should have folded right?

Turn:
      As he called my raise on flop and showed weakness again, I did assume he would bet into me if he had a hand as on the flop... can't be sure.
      Made 1size bet as I don't think my FE would be any bigger against this guy with a higher bet, the K and the flush might seem like scares to him. But think I was ultimately digging a grave for my self here :) ?

Villain:
      33/11 - 11 hands
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi resilence,

Preflop: With people that call light in the blinds these opens are indeed looser. Now, if those people still fold to cbets and are not overall huge stations then this is fine. If you have stations then you have a problem because our hand needs FE to succeed and it's hard to get a lot of value when you hit an 8 or 2.

Postflop: If I understand correctly you turned your hand into a bluff on the flop? I would imagine your raise to be more of a thin value raise/protection/take down pot. It's very thin because all 8x are better than us.

The turn bet is no longer value, not even thin, so it's a bet to take down the pot. I think your turn bet is fine once that card comes down as we can get him to fold better hands or hands with some equity as well.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I was bluffing, I've noticed alot of fishy ppl tend to give up if the pot grows very fast, however I still think I was making mistakes, but yes the K was a scare card for this player I think.
      I don't think I would bet on anything lower than a K, but was afraid of the completed draw, however these guys do occational play this way with backdoors. But again I have to few reads on him, making my game flawed :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      I was bluffing, I've noticed alot of fishy ppl tend to give up if the pot grows very fast, however I still think I was making mistakes, but yes the K was a scare card for this player I think.
      I don't think I would bet on anything lower than a K, but was afraid of the completed draw, however these guys do occational play this way with backdoors. But again I have to few reads on him, making my game flawed :)
      So if we raised it as a bluff what better hands fold on the flop?

We need to usually fire multiple streets to get them to fold a better hand so firing only on a few is definitely not good for our plan.