Stacks:
      UTG ($7.51)
      UTG+1 ($4.95)
      CO ($6.83)
      Hero ($10.50)
      SB ($10.60)
      BB ($4.90)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN
      [color:#B93238]UTG calls $0.10[/color], 2 folds, [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.10[/color], [color:#B93238]SB calls $0.05[/color], BB checks

Flop: ($0.40, 4 players)
      SB checks, [color:#272BA6]BB bets $0.20[/color], [color:#B93238]UTG calls $0.20[/color], [color:#272BA6]Hero raises to $0.80[/color], SB folds, [color:#B93238]BB calls $0.60[/color], UTG folds

Turn: ($2.20, 2 players)
      BB checks, [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $1.50[/color]...

VP$IP/PFR/AF/WTS
      BB: 42/12.7/2.6/28 with 55 hands
      UTG: 45/12/1.5/52 with 42 hands

On the flop I got TP with no kicker and I wanted to see how good it was, so I raised. If I just called I was giving free cards for a FD and I wouldn't know how good my TP no kicker was.

BB calls but he could call on the flop with a flushdraw and Ax.

On the turn he shows weakness and either he has a weak ace or a FD, so I bet big to protect against flush draw, but I'm not sure if my bet takes a weak ace away too. He's tight postflop, so maybe I could make a weak ace fold...

What do you think?
  • 6 replies
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Not sure after the flop, but preflop you must raise.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Philipvw
      I understand but see, A3s is not that good to play postflop and UTG had a lousy folded to cbet (like 30 or so), so I don't like raising here...
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      If he calls bets on flop alot i wouldn'r raise here too.

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      I understand but see, A3s is not that good to play postflop and UTG had a lousy folded to cbet (like 30 or so), so I don't like raising here...
      You're saying that A3 is not that good to play postflop but then limps on the BU.
      Since you have position, then you don't have to contibet most of the flops.
      You don't know what BB could hold and since he lead into 3 players I would just fold it postflop. You have tp no kicker and don't know where you stand since you decided not to raise pf. Turn I'd take free card, since still your hand is very weak and doubt that he'd fold better hand than yours. Don't like building big pot there.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      You're saying that A3 is not that good to play postflop but then limps on the BU.
      Since you have position, then you don't have to contibet most of the flops.
      You don't know what BB could hold and since he lead into 3 players I would just fold it postflop. You have tp no kicker and don't know where you stand since you decided not to raise pf. Turn I'd take free card, since still your hand is very weak and doubt that he'd fold better hand than yours. Don't like building big pot there.
      Let's say I raise preflop and UTG calls me... If the board doesn't come with an ace( it comes only 17% of the time if I remember) or atleast 2 :club: I don't have anything, and I couldn't steal the pot on the flop against that player... I understand a raise with JT, QT, maybe J9s because I got overcards, but I don't like it much with only 1 overcard... I may be wrong, but if you could explain why should I raise...

And about the limp I think it's ok, I'm only limping for a flush (although in this hand I didn't, but I know I didn't played it well).

I'm not trying to teach anything here, this is just what I think, so if you could tell me if this is wrong and why I'd be thankfull :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you dont hit anything then don't bet on low card board. But you should probably contibet with Kxx or Qxx boards. Btw if you limp for flushdraw, how often do you think that you hit one? And what would you do if you hit ace - go crazy on tp?