Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      SB
      BU
      BB
      MP3

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:spade: , 6:spade:
      MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,25, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, BB checks.

Ok so here i called with suited connectors from a cutoff on a shorthanded table.

Flop: ($1,00) 6:club: , 7:diamond: , A:spade: (4 players)
      SB bets $0,25, BB folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, SB calls $0,75.

The flop as you see gaved me to pair and sb min betted into me i raised to 1$ and got called by a button :) .

Turn: ($4,00) 6:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

in a turn i made a Boat, and checked willing to give him a free card and see if he impove his hand to get more money as possible form him.

River: ($4,00) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,50, BU raises to $4,75, SB folds, Hero raises to $8,00, BU raises to $23,75 (All-In), Hero raises to $23,35 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back..

river 8 of diamonds, so i made a 1.5$ value bet into 4.00$ pot hopping that he atleast will call me, button reraised to 4.50, sm folds, i min raised him again and he went all in wich lookded just perfect for me, they guy wasnt very good player so i was putting him on a flush and called the all in.

Final Pot: $50,70

At the showdonw he showed me pocket 77 ;) . I would like to ask now Is there any chance to get away from that hand ??
  • 6 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd raise on preflop, the opponents behind you are tight.

I'd bet on the turn, get value of worse hands there.

On the river, tough decision... But I don't think you can fold that hand, only a set of 7 beats you.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      That's why you don't want to get involved in huge pot with suited connectors! Because when you get pairs, it is always far from nuts. These are better for flushes and straights. Here you couldn't do much because 8 :diamond: gives them possible straight and possible flush, in other situations the very lowest full house can be folded to opponent who is giving so much action on the river.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      I'd raise on preflop, the opponents behind you are tight.

I'd bet on the turn, get value of worse hands there.

On the river, tough decision... But I don't think you can fold that hand, only a set of 7 beats you.
      There are 6 possible full houses and he has the lowest one, so not only 77 beats him. Also 3 possible straight flushes.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you decide to play suited connectors on 5-handed game then raise pf.
      Just to illustrate why limping is bad I give you two different situations which could happen:
      1. You limp 67s, BU would make it 1,25$ would you call or fold?
      Since you limped, then I assume that you want to see flop. Pot is 2,85$
      Board comes 6T3. You check, button bets 2,5$- would you call?
      Since you have one pair and there are no scared cards, I believe that you should see at least turn card, since BU would contibet a lot of hands. Pot is now 7,85$
      a) Turn is K, BU would bet 5$- would you call? No, because K is scared card for you, you're oop and BU seems strong, so you fold. So by limping 0,25$ you end up loosing 1,25+2,5 without seeing showdown.
      b) turn is 2. BU bets 5$. Would you call? Good players would fold here, but lets say that you don't believe BU and call to hit you 6, 5 or you put him on AK. Pot is now 17,85$
      River is 3. You check, BU shoves. Would you call with 2-nd pair? No. Although his hand range is polarized (he either has here always nuts (overpair or better) or pure bluff. But you never can call here down profitable. So you loose 1,25+2,5+5.
      1) you limp 67s, bu would limp, sb would limp, bb would check. Pot is now 1$
      a)Flop comes comes 7T2. BB lead out 0,75$, would you call?
      You should fold here, BB lead into 3 people and you have second pair no kicker.
      b) Flop comes 742. Anyone check to you, you bet 0,75- Bu would call, sb and bb would fold. Pot is no 3,5$
      Turn is Q, you should c/f now, since you're probably beaten. No need to build big pot here. If you bet, then Bu would probably call you down with better hands.

SO YOU WIN SMALL AND LOOSE BIG IF YOU GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR ONE PAIR HAND IN LIMPED POT
      And you don't hit often enough two pair or flushdraw/straightdraw to makes limping profitable.
      But if you want to continue limping, then go ahead. I'm not going to change your mind about that. Just that is not pokerstrategy would trying to teach you

As played I would bet turn for value. There are possible flush/straight draws that would pay to see river card.
      I would bet 3$ on the river and would only call shove. he won't 3-bet with flush/trips and there isn't smaller full house that would play for stacks.
    • nam4ka
      nam4ka
      Bronze
      I agree, limping with suited connectors was bad move. But i still dont think that 77 would fold even to a raise there. Maybe i am wrng.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nam4ka
      I agree, limping with suited connectors was bad move. But i still dont think that 77 would fold even to a raise there. Maybe i am wrng.
      No 77 would call pf and result would still be the same. But these setups would happen very rarely and most of the times happen these situations that I wrote down.