Cutbait

• Cutbait
      Cutbait
      Bronze
      Going to start the NL course, I'm sure there are leaks in my game and hope to resolve them , cheers!
  • 5 replies
    • Cutbait
      Cutbait
      Bronze
      not sure if you reply to same post, here is homework. 1 want to master the game of texas holdem. 2 weakness- calling raises with suited con. 3 tight agg- play only strong hands in position, raise or fold
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi Cutbait,

I think if you take your answer 3 literally, you gonna play too tight or too aggressive (or both). There are many cases when we just call IP, and sometimes we even call OOP -- it's perfectly fine, if you have a plan.

If you aren't confident in calling yet, your approach should probably work. At least try not to raise/fold small to medium pockets when you have position and good expressed/implied pot odds (like call-20 rule).

German
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Cutbait
      not sure if you reply to same post, here is homework. 1 want to master the game of texas holdem. 2 weakness- calling raises with suited con. 3 tight agg- play only strong hands in position, raise or fold
      Hi Cutbait,

Welcome to the beginners course.

While you finished homework one I do recommend that you spend a bit more time on answering all the questions.

The more details you can post the more we can help you out.

For question 3 you usually call a tight aggressive player someone that plays fewer hands preflop but plays them aggressively postflop.
    • Cutbait
      Cutbait
      Bronze
      Homework for lesson 2. Q1 in middle position you advise playing only suited broadway. I generally play the second tier hands AJ AT KOos and play the weaker hands KJ KT QJ QT JTos in late. being suited only increases your chances by 2%. Q2 you advise calling raises with pairs only, and only when you and opponent have big stacks. why not include strong suited broadway and mid suited cons. Q3 not sure I did this right- 46.3% equity.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Cutbait
      Homework for lesson 2. Q1 in middle position you advise playing only suited broadway. I generally play the second tier hands AJ AT KOos and play the weaker hands KJ KT QJ QT JTos in late. being suited only increases your chances by 2%. Q2 you advise calling raises with pairs only, and only when you and opponent have big stacks. why not include strong suited broadway and mid suited cons. Q3 not sure I did this right- 46.3% equity.
      Hi Cutbait,

Homework 2 complete. Congrats !

The problem with calling raises with lets say hands like KTs or JQs is that often we are being dominated and for a beginner player it may be hard to find the fold button. So we want you to keep it on the safer side and fold those for now.

As you find out more information about your opponents and become more comfortable postflop and with hand reading you can start increasing both your opening ranges and your calling ranges.

The idea is that at first you want to master the few hands that you do play (or at least get better at playing them). Once you understand that part you can start advancing.

Best of luck at the tables.