$39,05
      MP2:
      $52,05
      BB:
      $50,00
      CO:
      $15,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , J:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,50, CO calls $0,50, Hero raises to $2,00, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1,50, CO folds.

Flop: ($5,25) 6:spade: , 9:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2,50, MP3 raises to $5,00, Hero calls $2,50.

Here to that reraise i stoped for a second. Check raise is really strong move. But any way i am not folding an overpair there.

Turn: ($15,25) Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $10,00, Hero calls $10,00.

Now the queen camed. And he bets like 2 thirds of the pot in to me, that bet looked like he wanted me to fold. If someone had like trips, he probably wouldnt bet so much. I couldnt put him on hand like AQ or KQ becouse he didnt raised preflop. So i putted him on Ahxh. Now many of u would ask here why i just flat called a bet knowing he has a flush draw instead of reraising. The answer is the guy wouldnt fold there any way, he was totaly pot commited as he invested more than a half of his stack into the pot. So i called hoping not to see any A or heart and evoid a bad suckout.

River: ($35,25) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $13,90 (All-In), Hero calls $13,90.

Now, in this spot he shoves me all in, i ofcourse called.

Final Pot: $63,05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Jd Js)
      MP3 shows high card queen with nine kicker (3h 4h)

Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Jd Js)

Well 34 suited, wasnt really a hand i was expecting him to have, but ... I almoust folded my jacks on the flop to that guy. it wasnt really bad play by him but he just got to deep into it. :) . Bluff wiselly guys. If on that turn he woulda checked to me i probably would bet like pot size there. Than he could
      make me fold my JJ by shoving. :P
  • 4 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      That guy likes check-raising a weak draw as we see here, maybe he put you just on overcards. It would be better if you played this hand more agressive on the flop, bcause only set could beat you there, I would 2.2-2.5bet back and see what happens, passive style of play isn't winning one usually. You make that play only if you want to trap your opponent and want him to bet as you think he's capable of bluffing with air and betting all 3 streets; you did well here. However you holded scared pair of jacks here and called just in hope he hasn't you beat, it was a guess game.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Raise pf 4xBB + 1 per limper- that is 3$
      Don't bet only 1/2 bpot on the flop. I would bet 4$ to get more value and hope to get it all-in, since MP3 is middlestack.
      You can call him down, but you can also make it 15$ on the flop and call his shove. I believe that he might shove with 9x or draw or pp-s.
    • nam4ka
      nam4ka
      Bronze
      You think he m8 call the pot size raise with 43?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nam4ka
      You think he m8 call the pot size raise with 43?
      No, but most of the times midstack players won't go on pure bluff. They have pair or draw and would go all-in to catch miracle turn or river card.