[NL2-NL10] T9o PFR

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Not usually a hand I would be raising at all but figured it was time to start deviating a bit given the opponents behind me, CO is especially a cash machine so I'm trying to get him involved as much as possible. The board is so dry I think betting to take it down is ok?

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $24.52 - VPIP: 41, PFR: 31, 3B: 6, AF: 4.5, Hands: 58
      BTN: $8.08 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 3.5, Hands: 298
      SB: $10.85 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 18, 3B: 2, AF: 2.4, Hands: 103
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 1.3, Hands: 132
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 21, 3B: 18, AF: 0.7, Hands: 24
      Hero (MP): $12.50

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with T:spade: 9:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.20) 3:diamond: 8:heart: T:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds

Final Pot: $1.20
      Hero wins $1.15
      (Rake: $0.05)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Definitely a fold preflop.
      T9o is way too loose to open from this position especially having those guys behind us. The hand plays pretty crappy postflop and we are OOP as well.

Once we are 4way on the flop I prefer checking here.
      We are hardly getting called by worse here on the flop so just check and keep the pot small.

Best,
      Plamen
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Definitely a fold preflop.
      T9o is way too loose to open from this position especially having those guys behind us. The hand plays pretty crappy postflop and we are OOP as well.

Once we are 4way on the flop I prefer checking here.
      We are hardly getting called by worse here on the flop so just check and keep the pot small.

Best,
      Plamen
      Although I do agree this hand is barely playable, it was really my intention to get CO in a hand given I've been able to bet him off any high card boards as most of his range appears to be low connectors/pure garbage and he's not so passive as to call very often.

Also I think underpairs/ maybe some OESD could call here so I think I still have chance to re-evaluate turn/river based on the opponents that stay in the hand. I think I just prefer to keep the initiative when I think I'm ahead, rather than waiting/checking til I'm forced to fold on later streets bearing in mind that by checking I give all 3 opponents another free card.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, I see that you want to get involved in hands with CO, but then you are probably not the only one so it's likely to get a 3-4way pot most of the time if CO calls.

Also, against fishy guys we should just be trying to value bet/value bet/value bet rather than plan to bluff them off their hands and with T9o it will be hard to value bet, won't it?

Board is quite dry here and even if we get called by some draws there is a problem, since we have two streets left to play and we can't really bet on the turn right?

Overall - fold preflop, check the flop and don't get yourself into a pretty tough spots.