This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 21 5 aj

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.74)
      BB ($12.13)
      UTG ($9.19)
      UTG+1 ($10.73)
      CO ($0.94)
      Hero ($10.30)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) K:heart: 3:diamond: 7:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.90) K:heart: 3:diamond: 7:spade: 5:heart:

SB bets $0.95, Hero raises to $1.90, SB calls $0.95

RIVER ($5.70) K:heart: 3:diamond: 7:spade: 5:heart: K:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $3.20, SB calls $3.20

SB shows K:diamond: 8:diamond:
      (Pre 38%, Flop 87.5%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero shows J:diamond: A:club:
      (Pre 62%, Flop 12.5%, Turn 6.8%)

SB wins $11.30

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: standard defence vs wide restealing ranges
      Flop: On the Flop you should already have formulated your plan. If he has air he probably cbets this dry King high flop as a bluff.

So we are mostly putting him on JJ/QQ/weak KX.

You should either give up immediately or 3barrel. I would consider 3barrel bluffing with hands like JhTh (hands with some backdoor potential). With your hand here I just give up right away.

I don't like your turn raise at all cos you rep completely nothing besides 55 (do you even defend that preflop?)

Thanks.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I wouldn't be so sure about it that he will cbet as bluff, his cbet stat is very wierd, he should have more even with the value hands. I was really not sure what to make of this guy massive 3betting as bluff but no cbets ?

He has 20%+ range here, and i don't think you can limit him to JJ/QQ/weak KX but he clearly has a lot of junk.

I was planning to check it down, but later he tried to rep that he has something it is just unlikely but he actually did so i guess could have sticked with checkdown. Turning my hand into bluff is legit too then starting on the flop is probably my best bet.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      True that his cbet % is very low and weird. Still, you should have already formed your plan: Check and hope he gives up, or bluff and barrel.

His delayed cbet is so indicative of a medium strength made hand and remember that when you want to bluff you should always be able to represent something. To me, your play looks like a semi-bluff the most (with hearts) and on the River it's a snap fold.

Do you really expect him to bet/call the Turn with QQ and then fold on the River King? The flush draw missed, and it is less likely for you to now have a King. Easy c/c for him.