NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.74)
      BB ($12.13)
      UTG ($9.19)
      UTG+1 ($10.73)
      CO ($0.94)
      Hero ($10.30)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) K:heart: 3:diamond: 7:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.90) K:heart: 3:diamond: 7:spade: 5:heart:

SB bets $0.95, Hero raises to $1.90, SB calls $0.95

RIVER ($5.70) K:heart: 3:diamond: 7:spade: 5:heart: K:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $3.20, SB calls $3.20

SB shows K:diamond: 8:diamond:
      (Pre 38%, Flop 87.5%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero shows J:diamond: A:club:
      (Pre 62%, Flop 12.5%, Turn 6.8%)

SB wins $11.30

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: standard defence vs wide restealing ranges
      Flop: On the Flop you should already have formulated your plan. If he has air he probably cbets this dry King high flop as a bluff.

So we are mostly putting him on JJ/QQ/weak KX.

You should either give up immediately or 3barrel. I would consider 3barrel bluffing with hands like JhTh (hands with some backdoor potential). With your hand here I just give up right away.

I don't like your turn raise at all cos you rep completely nothing besides 55 (do you even defend that preflop?)

Thanks.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I wouldn't be so sure about it that he will cbet as bluff, his cbet stat is very wierd, he should have more even with the value hands. I was really not sure what to make of this guy massive 3betting as bluff but no cbets ?

He has 20%+ range here, and i don't think you can limit him to JJ/QQ/weak KX but he clearly has a lot of junk.

I was planning to check it down, but later he tried to rep that he has something it is just unlikely but he actually did so i guess could have sticked with checkdown. Turning my hand into bluff is legit too then starting on the flop is probably my best bet.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      True that his cbet % is very low and weird. Still, you should have already formed your plan: Check and hope he gives up, or bluff and barrel.

His delayed cbet is so indicative of a medium strength made hand and remember that when you want to bluff you should always be able to represent something. To me, your play looks like a semi-bluff the most (with hearts) and on the River it's a snap fold.

Do you really expect him to bet/call the Turn with QQ and then fold on the River King? The flush draw missed, and it is less likely for you to now have a King. Easy c/c for him.