• CurtA7
      Hello everyone my name is Curtis. I am from Canada currently living in a town called Ajax (close to Toronto). First thing I would like to say is I'm glad to be part of Poker Strategy and bid a big "hello" to everyone new like myself. Especially to those players who already have put in some time and dedication and have managed to climb up the ladder. I' ve been grinding for about three weeks now and have come to the realization and I quote: (fiction, no such person or any reference to) " Grand Master Chew"...In order for young grasshopper to grow...one must shed the distraction of humility and grasp the gentle scornings of his peers. Through feeding off of the leaves of experience offered...only then can young grasshopper join the swarm...Raping the great fields of poker trees."

Best Regards everyone,

• 2 replies
    • SoyCD
      Hello CurtA7 and welcome to the community :)

I'm glad you've enjoyed your time here, been successful at the tables and realized that these forums, just like the rest of the site are a great source of information and exchange. I hope you participate in our events here, post hands, discuss, and perhaps even keep us updated on your progress (some of our members have regular blogs for example)

Hope to see you around :)

Best regards,
    • FrozenRope
      Welcome aboard Curtis, nice to have a few more local players, pokerstrategy is a great place with many many extremely helpful people. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained from being a member here, articles are well writen and videos are incredible. We do have alot of fun in IRC chatting it up with fellow players helps improve your game as well.

If your a tourney player you would enjoy the BOD Battle of the Donkeys, where we compete in the PokerStars 100K on Sundays, you can win stakes to these tournament from one of the admins, its a blast.

As well we are planning a Nations Cup SNG Team format which is shaping up to be alot of fun. I will be looking for fellow Canadains to come out and try to make the Team.

What platform do you play on, myself I'm on Titan/PokerStars you can always find me in IRC chnnel or room name is #pokerstrategy-en on QuakeNet.

Soak up the knowledge, best of skill to you, see ya on the tables