[NL2-NL10] Folding AA

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

MP1 (2,62)
      BB (7,31)
      CO (2,75)

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](9 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , A:club:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]MP1 raises to $0,08[/color], MP2 calls $0,08, [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], CO calls $0,08, [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $0,40[/color], MP1 calls $0,32, [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color], CO calls $0,32.

Flop: ($1,30) J:heart: , J:spade: , 3:diamond: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1,10[/color], MP1 calls $1,10, [color:red]CO raises to $2,20[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color], [color:red]MP1 raises to $2,22 (All-In)[/color], CO calls $0,02.

Turn: ($6,84) 6:heart:
      River: ($6,84) Q:club:

Final Pot: $6,84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      [color:white]MP1 shows [ Kd, Ks ] two pairs, Kings and Jacks[/color]
      [color:white]CO shows [ Jc, Th ] three of a kind, Jacks[/color]
      [color:white]CO wins $6.50 USD with three of a kind, Jacks.[/color]

---

I think my bet was too big... anything else I did wrong?

gen
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You should raise bigger pre-flop.
      I would make it 0,6$.
      Your flop bet is fine, but both CO and MP are middlestacks. So you're folding 1,5$, but could win 8$. So you have to be really sure that CO has Jx or 33 here.
      Giving the pot odds I can't fold and I probably has 2 outs if I'm behind.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Your flop bet is fine, but both CO and MP are middlestacks. So you're folding 1,5$, but could win 8$. So you have to be really sure that CO has Jx or 33 here.

Sorry I don't understand what you are trying to say... can you put it some other way so i get it :P ?

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007

Sorry I don't understand what you are trying to say... can you put it some other way so i get it :P ?

gen
      By bet/folding you're giving away a chance to win 8$ for putting in extra 1,5$. Giving pot odds it is very though laydown.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Ok, so you basically say i am so committed that i have to call the reraise?

I don't think that is the case. If i would think like this I'd have to call down every small raise. Usually I have reads enough on my opponents to be able to say that the tend to bet small amounts for getting money on their good hands rather than bluffing me out.

In this situation i would have been very very amazed if none of those two would have the Jack.

gen